Mousebug Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

I have got a problem with my Razer Deathadder 3G

#1 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zyu
  • Main tag: =vSC=

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hi guys,

I'm playing with a Razer Deathadder 3G on 1800 DPI and it works fine.
Just to be 'cool' I tried to play with 3600 DPI but it's impossible.
If I move my mouse slow it's okay but if I move it faster the mouse doesn't 'want' to go on in this direction lol.

Does anyone of you have an idea?

Click me to see this in action!

Thanks in advance,
zyu`

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Common negative acceleration I assume. You can prevent it with raw mouse input with a client such the one on my signature or dmaHD's or by using DirectInput with in_mouse 1 (windows only) or with low sensitivity on the device driver (which would follow a higher sensitivity on the game to balance it).

#3 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

Well thanks for your answer but I'm playing on the latest Mac mini and voidref's optimized .app :)
Anyway I'll test it with low driver sensitivity and in_mouse.

Edit: in_mouse was set to "-1" and changing it to "1" didn't change anything (Yes you said windows only but I wanted to give it a try)

This post has been edited by zyu: 09 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

in_mouse does nothing special unless it's windows. ['raw' mouse methods are also windows-only usually]

best bet would be lower sensitivity on OS -> higher on game to reach the same.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 09 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

#5 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

It's funny: I set the sensitivity on my OS and on the driver on the lowest value and if I go up with my mouse the cursor is moving left and right and so on.

I wasn't in the game yet because there is no need to test it ingame if I can't use my mouse correctly in my OS.

This post has been edited by zyu: 09 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yeah that's common negative acceleration, and if you dont wanna use mitsu's rebuild, you don't have much solutions :

- Play with less DPI ; if you were playing with 1600 DPI then it's ok, you can keep playing like this, you won't notice a difference with 3000+ DPI since you'll have to reduce the in-game sensitivity to keep your usual sensitivity ;
- You can also play with a in_mouse set on "1", but you'll have to configure your razer driver not to extrapolate your usb port and use it at 125Hz, instead of the usual 1000Hz razer mice normally get. With such settings, you won't notice any negative accel but on the other hand, you'll have an 8 ms lag in your mouse, because 125Hz means 8 ms respond time, instead of 1 ms respond time that you have with an usb port extrapoled at 1000hz.

Hope I helped <3

#7 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Well, I'm on a mac so I can't use mitsu's build. I am using voidref's rebuild of mitsu's build for mac os x :)
I tried playing with 125HZ and it didn't solve my problem.
As mitsu said, in_mouse does only affect on windows machines ;)

I will continue playing with 1800 DPI since I can't solve this problem. Anyway thanks for your help :)

<3

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

The basic idea behind negative acceleration is that if one doesn't use a raw method (or raw-ish like directinput), the program uses a virtual cursor of the desktop. That virtual cursor often hits the edges of the window. To not be stuck completely, the virtual cursor re-centers on the window and then continues its job. However, that very re-centering procedure creates the side-effect of negative acceleration.

Now, if one reduces sensitivity on the driver, he may reduce the speed of the virtual cursor, and hence reduce negative acceleration. However, if a control panel does not do that and only changes it on a higher level - leaving the virtual cursor intact - then there's no change.

--

e.g. it worked fine on 3600 (and no raw method) if I used Logitech's control panel to reduce its speed. I guess, it would not work if one only did it on the desktop settings, because Logitech control panel probably alters the way the device itself sends information.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 10 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

#9 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

My last only concern is now whether or not UrT HD will contain that raw mouse fonction... Mitsu I hope your lobby does its work. :D

#10 User is offline   joober Icon

• Account: joober

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

i didnt read this whole thread so idk if u already solved the problem but here what i have to say..

i Have this same mouse and i had this problem at first and for me i found out its my mousepad... i have a mousepad that is totally smooth on one side and textured on the other side... it only tracks correctly on the textured side and it fails on the smooth side..

MOUSE PAD: THE MOUSE PAD

so the "Speed" side of this thing doesnt work with this mouse..

i can now play urt just fine with 3500 dpi but only on the textured side of the mousepad..

so possibly it could be that..

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942