• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uptown music - remade Rate Topic: -----

By myself...

#1 User is offline   Foxxy Icon

• Account: foxxy

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi guys. I'm a music degree graduate and all round composer producer type guy. Last night I was playing Uptown, and I stopped around the area where you can hear music, and I thought "I'm going to remake this, and let people hear it..."

I started about an hour and a half ago, and it's now finished:

http://soundcloud.co...n-jazz-remake-1

Edit: The perfectionist in me has updated it slightly, having listened back to the original, a couple changes were made. :)

Let me know what you think.

!- I did not compose this, musically, as mentioned, this is a remake. The original composition is by Arrestiedes / Bunny.

A little about myself: As I mentioned, I'm a music degree graduate, I have a few years experience in working with DAW's such as Logic, Cubase, Reason and so forth, as well as working with virtual instruments and such, I also do a lot of production work, and I've composed soundtracks for a couple of commercial iPhone games. (Don't laugh, it's a pretty big market right now!)

I wanted to put proper guitars in, but I just moved house and my studio desk still hasn't arrived (Darn weather! *shakes fist*) and a tiny little 25 key midi controller on the coffee table just isn't ideal, I don't even have space for my portable audio interface! :P

Let me know what you guys think, feedback is very much welcome!

Attention: I would like to stress that I am not authorising the distribution of my pieces without prior permission from myself. I have not received the authorisation to do so from FS at this time, as they seem unhappy that I put the effort and time in to showcase my talents. However, if this issue is resolved, my Uptown remake will be available for download freely. My other piece will remain in my own possession as part of my personal portfolio, and use of it without permission is not allowed.

This post has been edited by Foxxy: 23 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

#2 User is offline   Razer Icon

• Account: razer
  • Main tag:

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Oh wow! That's nice man. I vote we replace the original with this one!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   Rappio Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: rappio
  • Main tag: [PRKL]

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

Nice :) It was pleasure to listen..
What is the sound of silent scream when you still map with GTK Radiant 1.5

#5 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

very nice!
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   odysseus Icon

• Account: odysseus

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

Great job! Apply for a dev position and help unified tones with updatin them maps!

#7 User is offline   Foxxy Icon

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

Thanks everyone :)

View Postodysseus, on 03 January 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

Great job! Apply for a dev position and help unified tones with updatin them maps!

I actually did get in touch with BladeKiller, who is listed as the Team Manager. I didn't get a response back, so I left it, but yesterday while playing Uptown I heard that music, and thought I'd try my hand at doing something with it.

It really is up to FS, and UnifiedTone, whether or not a collaboration is feasible, or in fact wanted in the first place. :P

Thanks for your comments everyone, glad you like my stuff!

#9 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 03 January 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

The music in Uptown was created by a friend of the dev team and is copyrighted. It would be more respectful to contact him before posting a modification of his work.

Thats why I created my own :D
http://soundcloud.co...rror-ut4_uptown

#10 User is offline   Foxxy Icon

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 03 January 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

The music in Uptown was created by a friend of the dev team and is copyrighted. It would be more respectful to contact him before posting a modification of his work.

I would give credit where it is due, if I knew who this 'friend of the dev team' was. The piece, as far as I can establish, is named 'Jazz" within Urban Terror itself, and I really don't know where I would go looking, so let me know and I'll add it.

I certainly am not taking the credit for the composition of this piece, but rather the re-instrumentation and reproduction, showcasing my talents, as well as my enthusiasm and support for the game :) I'm not trying to do wrong here, nor do I believe I have, but if you give me at least a name, or preferred alias, I will be glad to add it!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942