• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_gloom [BETA] Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

You can play this map along with other beta maps on this server.

Posted Image

#32 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Map is awesome. But this map is empty. My 2 cents.

Excellent graphics, but we play video game here :P So first of all, check this out. Now You know - what You missing. Tracks of human existence. We have empty huts and no trace of people. Think, what would be common in place like this - using google images and Discovery Travel:) Put some baskets with fruits/fish. Some bags with grain. Let there be maybe a little boat (canoe-type) being constructed. Or place with storaged tools for farmers. Think of it as a village:) It has it's boss (leader), doctor (shaman), place for kids, and so on. Implement it and You have areas/zones! Make map bigger, add some center place in open - add some huts there, maybe big tree? Or maybe this village makes money on growing coca? Watch inspirational staff from South America and finish this promising map.

All of this objects are needed for cutting lines of sight. Look:
Posted Image

In round-modes, adding extra objects big enough to set up ambush would be very interesting.

And last thing - please, don't place flags in CTF so close to each other - half of Your map (hard work) will not be used.

This post has been edited by majkifajki: 06 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

#33 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

heh thx for ideas. These villages are owned by weapon smugglers, so forget about shamans :P Im thinking about making waterfall with hanging bridge somewhere, but i can't find appropiate place.
Places far away from flags would be used as "suprise route" (less used). I've changed corridor between blue spawn and collapsed corridor already.

#34 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Places far away from flags would be used as "suprise route" (less used).

What You think/plan <------ Saturn ------> what players like to do :)

These villages are owned by weapon smugglers, so forget about shamans

You need crates, workshops, hideouts, places for spotters - all kind of areas typical for smugglers base. Think about river below caves or river next to caves (but this is opening of map, so I dunno:)

#35 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

beta3 released

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Team survivor up to 32 players supported?

Like the stairs - You need to mark every corridor that way :tongue: Because it's still a maze.
Don't use crates and barrels - everyone use them:)

#37 User is offline   Rappio Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: rappio
  • Main tag: [PRKL]

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Mirror for Beta3
http://urtmaps.prkl....t4_gloom_b3.pk3
What is the sound of silent scream when you still map with GTK Radiant 1.5

#38 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

I agree with majkifajki the stairs look good :D and the map is a got damn maze xD
So ill start with the minus: u are very lazy with the weaponclip on the spawns :/ (i belive i told u on erlier beta but idk..) u did better from beta 1 to 2 but i dont belive u have changed since then? well i think u should. And the map is still a maze yes its hard to know where u are and its hard to remember where u just was.
and its still pretty open imo (but uwe worked on that with up and downs and so, that good :P).

and the plus: its looking very good visually and i like how u have made the details on the roofs and so :), i love that sound when u go to the rocks on the closed tunnel :D!!! and yes that stair looks good in there it really fits :) but it feels a little bit empty in there i mean why would anyone build a staircase there? then i got the idea! pls pls pls build a little tempel or a ruin or something in there!!! it would make it looks better and it would make it less maze'ing :P
i started working on a map like this (was thinking of making an new mayan, with the same look but with good layout but i was to lazy to lern terrain making)
and it hit me man ur map can be that map xD i mean the layout is okey but with some ruins and so it can get much better i think :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942