• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UT4_Suburbia [Beta 9] Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Somewhere in a city

#1 User is offline   RoosTer Icon

• Account: rooster

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

Suburbia... for FFA,TDM,TS,BOMB and CTF...
I hope suggestions for the next update

Posted Image

Some screenshots (old)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download Beta 9

This post has been edited by RoosTer: 01 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Skate, Beer, and Videogames

#2 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

View PostRoosTer, on 09 January 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

Hi... my last map... for FFA,TDM,TS and CTF...
I hope suggestions for the next version

Some screenshots
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download Here

looking good, dl in progress, ty

#3 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Looks promising, will try it later

#4 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

I think the map is great! Couldn't test in MP, so I was just running around and exploring things. Distinctive areas have different styles, which architecture wise makes it non-repeative.

Although I've quite a few comments, make no mistake: as I said, map is great!

General: Are there any doors which the player can open? Just curious, couldn't find any.

Is it by design that you want players to be able to stand on the frame of the doors? Generally I found the looks of the doors a bit weird, because their frame stands out so much. There also another thing to consider: players will hang at them when trying to move along the walls. I found this to be quite annoying, when you've fast action going on, you don't want to fail just because you literally ran against the door frame :)
Posted Image

There are these bars around some of the entrances at around a height were it stops player movement when you jump-run around the map and hit it. Also, the player can climb up there, but cannot climb anywhere. Although I like the bars from a stylistic point of view, I found it to hinder my movement.
Posted Image

I really love this construction part. It provides a good cover, too! However, I found that I tried to crouch behind it and the jump over it and storm away: not possible directly, you need to go back a few steps and the run at it and jump over it. I don't know how it would make for the cover, but it wold be great to directly crouch behind and and being able to jump over it.
Posted Image

When you come from the elevator out of the building complex, you've this barrier on the right. It seems some invisible wall prevent from going directly at the barrier itself at this point. No biggy, just a bit irritating. The other barriers on the map seem to be more exact in that regard.
Posted Image

The van has a the perfect height to climb up on it directly, but from back and left/right side it just doesn't work. It works from the front because it's not so steep. You can use the street light to bounce off of it and on the van, but I think it would be better to be able to directly climb it.
Posted Image

Just Awesome :-)
Posted Image

Oh boy, those lamps and the bar at the entrance again. While doing funky chicken jumping around, I quite often hit the bars and especially also the light. I think the light is great and should stay, but it shouldn't block player movement .. and the bar also shouldn't (but it would be more problematic if it's there but not blocking and you also can shoot through it). As I said, the bars give character to the map, but for the fast movement I found them problematic.
Posted Image

No grass sound on any of the greens:
Posted Image

By bouncing of the bridge support on the right you can climb on the container, but you can only crouch there. I found that great for gameplay! However, due the construction of the bridge above, you cannot move left/right. Maybe it's intentional, but it would be great if you have complete freedom of movement on the container (but keep the crouching, feels great up there and shouldn't be too easy for players to be up there; however narrowing the full movement makes it too hard IMHO).
Posted Image

I just found this space to look very empty, maybe put some coke machinein that corner? Could also emit some nice lighting color in that area.
Posted Image

The ledges at the building in front here can't be grabbed/climbed up. At least I couldn't manage to. The ledges on the building in the back work. I think it should work there too, because it so much looks like it works that it's irritating it doesn't (because it already works on the other building).
Posted Image

Overlapping texture problem:
Posted Image

Overlapping texture problem:
Posted Image

Again the light at the ceiling hinders player movement, especially here I found it annoying, otherwise you can nicely start a speedy jump -> crouch into window, slide, etc, but you easily get stopped by the light.
Posted Image

Since you're using glass already on other parts on the map, I found it would be nice if those windows up there would have one too. (Hmm, thinking again, maybe it wouldn't make sense because the other windows look to have (dirty) glass ...)
Posted Image

The hit box around the tree is problematic. Usually I wouldn't bother, but in this case the trees at the center in the small yard will become strategically important. In this shot I was clearly aiming at the glass but the bullet never got there:
Posted Image

Thanks for the map! :)

#5 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Looking good. If you put this into your demo folder, I had a run around and point a few things out. I like it. I find a few areas will 'stalemate' the game. But some standard maps also do that. So far as collisions, most maps suffer from collision when your moving quick, but as a third party mapper you will suffer for it more than the standard maps. Try clipping around the collision points. Be more precise with your clips.

Oh yeah clip the bridge surface?, move the bridge lamps [see demo] My demo

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

I've added it to the mapcycle of MFN UrT Fresh Maps @ 78.46.201.108:27966 (Server is located in Germany).

This post has been edited by rfx: 09 January 2011 - 04:00 AM

#7 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

I was able to play with other players today on this map, we really enjoyed the session. Thanks for the fun map! Naturally, some more feedback came in:

Nearly everyone expected to get up there, yet no one managed. Maybe it's possible, but then it's very very hard. Since it's the only way to get up there through the stairway and the building itself, I think it's really important to also get up there using just the crates. I don't think it should be too easy, but also not (nearly impossible?) hard:
Posted Image

Very soon people used also the street lights for quick movement, using the cars to land safely and not get falling damage. We though it would really be great if there were more lights so people could actually get more around?
Posted Image

It's possible to get up there over the big car, jumping off the light and grab the window ledge. However it's very difficult. Again, I think it would be great if it were a bit easier. Might be possible by just rotating the car a bit, so the angle to jump off from the light is different enough to easier land at the window:
Posted Image

HTH

This post has been edited by rfx: 09 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

#8 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

I agree with all of your comments there rfx, I can get up the first jump but its not a simple jump. It takes a quick turn after a single wall jump to ledge grab.

I really wanted street lamps there too, and considering the regular spreed of the others they should be there.

I also tried to get on the window there from the truck, and was disappointed. It might be possible which made me try again and again.

Did any one get on the bridge? [see demo :cool: ]

#9 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

dude rfx you are the master tester :D
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#10 User is offline   chaosz Icon

• Account: chaosz

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

Very nice map! It will stay in the map rotation for sure :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942