• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uptown Super Jump Rate Topic: -----

Ever seen or used this jump before?

#1 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

It's a cool thing I found a few years back. We finally decided to record it. I've never seen anyone do or use this jump so I was curious as to whether people have. Also, do you think its a practical and useful jump during normal gameplay?

-B1

B1naryTh1ef
:3

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:03 AM

Yeah some people use it, but some tournaments count it as a map exploit (illegal).
Either way it's not too practical because all the enemy needs to do is throw a nade up there and you're a sitting duck ;)

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

Actually, having jumps that require team effort might be a good idea.

If they're obvious like this. Or even easier.

The mapper probably did it on purpose.

#4 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

You can get up there by yourself too, there's a video of it. It's very hard though, it would take a lot of practice.

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:36 AM

I know. It's hard to make this game very restrictive in a "do it yourself" vs "do it with team" notion since with no skill you can do 1, with skill you can do 100X the distance. But if it's something very hard to do yourself and extremely easy if you jump on someone else, it should be a normal mapping method.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   iShotYou- Icon

• Account: ishotyou

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Your voice is fitting for commentating gameplay : 0
- Alpha tester -
*Thanks to all devs for their work

#7 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

I love the way that jump works. Me and my friend we're on skype trying to do this, and trust me, it took us a while to get the hang of it again. It's harder to jump on that damn lamp then it looks.

I like the idea of team objectives in UrT. The only team gameplay I've really noticed is with clans, or friends. It's funny because follow the leader is such an underplayed gametype.

View PostiShotYou-, on 09 January 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

Your voice is fitting for commentating gameplay : 0

Haha thanks. I've done a lot of radio. Actually not to ring my own bell here you could try [http://itunes.apple....ign-mpt=uo%3D4] for some urban terror stuff. We're still getting started.

The problem with UrT gameplay/commentary is it's hard to get a good editable file from demos. You can get the .avi, but to edit that in any GOOD program (Ahem, FCP7) it's hard, at least on a mac. I've been working on some work arounds but I may have to wait tell I get some more power in the form of a mac pro.
B1naryTh1ef
:3

#8 User is offline   SubZ Icon

• Account: subz
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

doesnt everyone know how to get to g4?

#9 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

for those who haven't seen it yet .. here's disastercaster's amazing urban terror exposed video (the first one) .. the uptown part starts at 6:20 ... and he performs the crazy g3 to g4 jump using sky for gaining speed at 8:40 ... everything i know about jumping i've learned from watching this video again and again but i've never figured out how he does the g4 jump (he always cuts the part where he's gaining enough speed to do the jumps) .. if anybody knows how he does it, please let me know or even better if any of you is willing to teach me please leave a message after the beep ...

karl

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 09 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#10 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

I think I used to have a demo where a guy started from the same place, no extra steps. I tried it myself but failed, though I didn't try for long ;)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942