Why did you edited?

It was very awesome.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#33 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:15 AM

Breaking the rythm of the game. Someone told me this solution. Sometimes, you can break the rythm of the your opponents and make him losing some of his assurance and bases. Do it while you're thinking about a way to get him...

#34 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

you don't need solution if you have no problem :biggrin:
best things in life are free ;)

#35 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

My tactic is to sneak around with an Sr8, DE and an SPAS when im hearing footsteps and there is no friend on my minimap im hiding somewhere where its hard to spot me *dramatic music* then im sniping him from behind >=D if hes/shes behind an wall i woud rush so fast as i can with my SPAS to him/her and kill him while hs confused the SPAS damage have an high bleeding effect most players are trying to heal themself because they see that their whole body is bleeding >:) and after 1-3 seconds he/she/it is dead *evil laughing*

So remember im always behind you muhahahahahahaha
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   minimumrage Icon

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

My way of thinking changes depending on the skill of the other player, and what weapons they use.

I am a better player when I don't try to kill the other players, but instead try to survive as long as I can, and kill players in the proces.

When I encounter a good player with SR8 I have this simple rule. If he is far, and he has seen me, I go defensive, I GTFO

If he is close around the corner I am willing to attack because it's harder to hit a target nearby while zoomed in.

But most of the times I just run away and look for other players, and maybe I will end up in a situation where I don't need to be afraid from the SR8.

You are right that every player has their habits. Together in a team certain players form a 'flow'. So every game has a different flow.

I am a rusher, so lots of times I die after 10 seconds because I went against the flow, if I go with the flow I can keep jumping around the map and survive.

Playing Urban Terror feels like playing music to me.

#37 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

View Postminimumrage, on 25 March 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

Playing Urban Terror feels like playing music to me.

:smile: .. 4me its like dancing and playing in a same time :biggrin: + smalltalk conversation ...

it's like commercial .. 3 in 1 thing :laugh:

I'm serious :wink:

This post has been edited by I -Q- I: 26 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

best things in life are free ;)

#38 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

View PostI -Q- I, on 23 March 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

you don't need solution if you have no problem :biggrin:

Well, I don't want the problems on me, so I keep being provident.

I am a better player when I don't try to kill the other players, but instead try to survive as long as I can, and kill players in the proces.

To place his life in a priority redefine the game I think... But that's good.

You are right that every player has their habits. Together in a team certain players form a 'flow'. So every game has a different flow.

Are you OK if I say "try to understand the way the flow lives and then you will get them easily"?

I'm working on a little project... -> http://www.psycholog...title=Main_Page . There you'll find things that we talked about in this topic, research about psychology in game, etc.

#39 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Psychologic Team -> http://www.psyp-team.tk/forum .
Where players want to discuss about this kind of "domain" in Urban Terror.

#40 User is offline   Igniti0n Icon

• Account: igniti0n

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

I didn't read the whole of this topic so sorry if my point has been covered but hey :D

Anyway I'm studying Psychology at school so hopefully I shouldn't be too useless at it :P

Psychology is a broad subject, but coming down to behaviours narrows it down, to sum it all up then it will depend and vary between each person - Some people's gameplay will be aggressive, some people passive aggressive, & of course it all depends on their mood. Using common sense, anyone will know that unless you are directly talking to a person - ie. TS3, then you won't be able to determine their mood because chat can be done without conveying emotion. If you play with a certain person regularly then you will probably pick up their tactics - going to certain places, weapon gears etc.

As for making others believe you're at a certain place, they will rely mostly on sound for this, so a couple of well placed bullets will put their orientation off & hopefully they will believe shots are coming from a different place (eg. if someone is the pillars in TP then instead of shooting straight at them, try to hit the pillars at the other side as they will most likely follow those shots and think they come from the closest side.)

All I can say with Tarquin is that he probably learns pretty fast and studies peoples actions in the map when attacked from different sides or whatever. He has also played the maps a lot so will know the layout, therefore knowing the camp spots, the best paths to take and also where to get to to make the enemy believe he is at a different place.

All I can really suggest in the end is practise the maps as much as you can & try to interpret the enemy's movement and infer into their gameplay.

But of course, as I said near the start of my post - You can not really determines someone's mood or behaviours unless you can hear their voice/are with them etc. So psychology of the other player won't have much to do with it - Your psychology is the one you should be concentrating on, if you focus on the game & study their movements and shots then you should pick up on their gameplay relatively quickly (maybe a couple of rounds spent seeing how they react to your gameplay & how they move and take in the surroundings.)

Anyway hope this helps!

Igni
If it's legal, it's not worth doing...

[img]http://i28.servimg.c...28/multi_10.png[/img]

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942