• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Psychology behind the player. Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#41 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

Just do what i do.
Cook a nade, rush like crazy, scream GERONIMOOOOOOO and try to take out as much as you can with you.

#42 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

View PostRav3n, on 13 April 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Just do what i do.
Cook a nade, rush like crazy, scream GERONIMOOOOOOO and try to take out as much as you can with you.

Whats about rushing with an knife and screaming LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEENKINS?
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#43 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

View Postsilverfoxz, on 13 April 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

Whats about rushing with an knife and screaming LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEENKINS?

LOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL yeah that works too.

*when you mentioned leroy i had to find it on the tube and look at it again, freaking hilarious.

#44 User is offline   Igniti0n Icon

• Account: igniti0n

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Ah it killed it for me when someone told me it was staged... Other than that it's friggin legend!
If it's legal, it's not worth doing...

[img]http://i28.servimg.c...28/multi_10.png[/img]

#45 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Something that helps me is that we can take the same meaning as the same psychology IRL. Like, analysing the mind and behavior of other players. Try to understand our enviroment (teamates, opponents, map, etc). So, maybe some psychologic techniques could work in Urban Terror. Finding some...
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

Hi guys :D !

I'm glad of the fact that I can bring you a place where we could easily talk about this domain in Urban Terror. I created a forum for it. It's there -> Click here !

Enjoy!

#47 User is offline   illmatic Icon

• Account: illmatic

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostBrainie, on 12 February 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well, I'm looking if there is any ressources that exist and talk about player psychology, game psychology.

I'm sure that psychology could help to play in Urt, particulary in competitions. For example: trying to understand how the other plays, trying to feel how he's. Playing with his brain (like, making him trusting that you're at a place, etc), etc.
Tarquin used to do it.

This is a good way to get called a hacker.
The Tarquin you mention was convinced I hacked, as well as several members of the notorious clan GlaD.
People hate to be outsmarted and will come up with any and every reason to avoid admitting the truth to themselves.

If you're curious about some simple game tips for intermediate-high level clan warfare, check out this video I put together for an in-clan workshop a few years ago:

All in all good idea though -- these tactics are used in other eSports and there's no reason that a strategical analysis of your opponents play style (i.e. 'psychology') wouldn't be useful!
[ a.k.a. Samalander, themudman, acrm ]

#48 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postillmatic, on 14 May 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

The Tarquin you mention was convinced I hacked, as well as several members of the notorious clan GlaD.
People hate to be outsmarted and will come up with any and every reason to avoid admitting the truth to themselves.

If you're curious about some simple game tips for intermediate-high level clan warfare, check out this video I put together for an in-clan workshop a few years ago:

All in all good idea though -- these tactics are used in other eSports and there's no reason that a strategical analysis of your opponents play style (i.e. 'psychology') wouldn't be useful!

Nice video i learned something ;D
Is your clan talking with headset to eachother or just years of playing together? :P
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#49 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

View Postillmatic, on 14 May 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

I tought about this fact. But I finally took a position to stop caring about "hacking" accusations. I heard some "legends" about people who used their heads so much than people called them hackers and they got banned. This doesn't scare me.

It's a nice video by the way. But was the guy loneley to think like that or all the team has approximatively the same way to think? I think that I heard good things about pnk|, so it doesn't surprise me that it's from them.

Yeah. But you need the energy and to take the time to do it... Some people prefers the skill... I find my fun in 'psychology' (damn, I don't even know if I'm using the good term) and I'm happy of it.

Do you know the pnk| team? Maybe I would ask them some questions... Or asking to the guy who made the video (and/or was the pov).

#50 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Plans usually get ruin when you're up against opponents that is simply outgunning you on all 1-on-1 situations. But than this is also usually the moment when you'll start notice who is a good team mate and who are playing by themselves. The good team mate will start setting themselves more up for crossfire positions with you (which they should have been doing in the first place).

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942