•   verified user   

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

too many mind

#82 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

depends of the mode, depends of the opponents, depends of the teammates, depends of the map, depends of your situation, depends of the situation. So as a clanless TDM player only, you just have to think about changing your habits the most randomly possible by sometimes or often giving a chance to your third or second choice which are influenced thanks to experience by more or less obvious probabilities. So finally, just play and watch beautifulnihisilist 's video.

#83 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

about the topic: 'concentrated'
yesterday i was trying very hard to aim in game, my eyes were locked on the crosshair. you could say i was very concentrated. the hits weren't satisfying. later in the game i relaxxed my eyes a bit and just started aiming on feeling which resulted in better hits. somehow it seemed to me that putting myself on 'autopilote' works better for the aim. As Brainie mentioned about his friend who finaly finished that jumpmap while being less concentrated also seems to work for me. I think when it comes to daily routine actions, it goes better when not concentrating on it. However when it comes to finding solutions like certain situations in a clanwar you haven't really encountered before, concentration is needed.

other topic: being nervous ingame seems to increase my focus, so it works out well for me. how about you guys?
a thing of beauty is a joy

#84 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well i've been playing Z9 Zombie mode server for about 9 months now and having a zombie-human dynamic makes the psychology quite interesting. If you don't know what zombie mode is, it is where humans get normal weapons, no grenades, but the weapons do a lot less damage to zombies(LR does 4 damage, negev does 1) Zombies get knives and no weapons at all, and after certain amount of kills in a row they get perks like throw knives and medkits and stuff.

Anyways, when i'm zombie, I find that you can usually lull your humans into a false sense of security by running away when they shoot you a lot, but when you turn the corner, rush right back at them because 80% of the time, they follow you to finish you off. They expect to see a limping bleeding zombie a few meters away, but i'm right at their face and knife them to death. Also when a human thinks a certain camp spot is "safe" from zombies, I can usually find another way up there that they haven't realized and surprise them.

Playing on human, there are always the exact same paths the whole team or most of the team goes like on Casa, the human team almost always camps in the market shooting any zombies they see, but sometimes I like to choose the long side alley to appear in the zombies spawn and kill them from behind. But you can't do the exact same thing each round because the zombies learn your tricks over time.

#85 User is offline   zebeast Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zebeast

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

I´ve noticed while getting better in TS that i do more things unconsciously now than before, like aiming, having a idea where my opponents are, pre-nading etc. So this makes me focus 100% on the game itself and not my aiming and other stuff that should go automatic.

However when i am tired, there is no room for this high awareness, like the brain is shutting it off.

So i agree with ryu about the aiming for sure.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

With a bit of luck and a lot of time, I will upload soon or not a video about aggressivety in UrbanTerror. I'll keep you in touch.

Interesting thoughts from you guys btw.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#87 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

So do you wonder why you can do an awesome-fabulous-stunning clutch on a public server and not in a clan war? Why do you do crap in clan wars but not when you're playing alone?

Well, one of the many possible explanations of this phenomenon is social facilitation. It basically means that people tend to do way much better an easy task when people are watching and they will do worse if the task is hard and there's people watching you doing it.

This also explains why some people order their teammates to shut up when they are the only one left in the game. Not only it is to hear perfectly the game but also to concentrate and avoid the fact that their teammates are watching them (of course it's not conscious).

http://en.wikipedia....al_facilitation
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#88 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

cool stuff. I tend to blame lag for bad plays but "My brain doesn't like other poeple" may be a good alternative

#89 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

Hi Brainie, great topic!

Questions like 'What does the player thinks, I'm going to do next?' pops up almost every time I'm playing the game. Because what are the most common targets while you're playing. Is it trying to evade every bullet and kill your enemy as quick as possible.Well in at least my case it is.

When I don't focus my mind on how good or quick I'm actually playing, than I eventually will play better (if I concentrate good enough). If I do focus on those skills of myself than I get a kind of distracted, by my own emotions and thoughts. Without this distraction my mind has a lot of 'free space' left to use for other things, like focusing way better on your enemy so you can plan your steps to get him without getting hit or missing your own shots.

So it's about not being conscious of what you're doing or going to do, to get amazing results. But you really need a kind of experience for it because, if I'm not playing well than I always know after I died what I did wrong or why the player got me.

PS: Check out this demo 1vs1 SR8@turnpike (~8min). I'm sure you will see there what I mean, it almost shows everything.

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 25 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

~ Cheers

xF.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942