Urban Terror Forums: Mouse settings on Linux not as accurate as on OS X - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mouse settings on Linux not as accurate as on OS X Rate Topic: -----

:(

#1 User is offline   Rawdlek Icon

• Account: rawdlek

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

I've been playing this game mostly on Linux (various distros, all GNOME). A few weeks ago, I began trying it on OS X (Snow Leopard) and at first, I found the aiming very annoying. However I adjusted quickly, and now I can aim a hell of a load better on OS X than on Linux. Whenever I want to practise or do well, I get off Linux and go straight to the Mac and I do just fine. I use Linux solely for casual play/fooling around now.

When I use OS X, the mouse feels a lot more precise. Like, I can aim and turn exactly how I want and the crosshair goes where I expect it. After playing for a few days on OS X, I can't aim worth a damn on Linux anymore. It feels extremely sloppy and insensitive to where I want to shoot or turn.

I have tried various settings such as m_yaw, sensitivity, mouseaccel, and all that. I've altered the mouse settings in the GNOME mouse preferences window. I just can't get it anywhere near as exact as on OS X.

I'm using a Logitech mx518 mouse. Any configuration suggestions are much welcomed :)

#2 User is offline   Mattie Icon

• Account: mattie

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

did you try disabling desktop compositing (compiz in your case probably) before you start playing?
makes a lot of difference here on suse/kde4

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942