Urban Terror Forums: Important Information for New Clans & Players looking for a clan - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Important Information for New Clans & Players looking for a clan Rate Topic: -----

What new clans shouldn't do & players looking for clans!

#1 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

• Account: reaperdkms

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:36 AM

Hello,
I am NOT posting this to promote our clan. But just to give advise to clans that is just getting started and recruiting. And to give advise to players that is looking for a clan to join.

For clans getting started.

I have been in the same clan since 1998 and seen tons of clans fail! This is due to a large part of the way they recruit. By going around and just recruiting players they do not know. These clans will usually fail!

This is bad for several reasons:
1. That player could cheat and make your clan look bad.
2. That player can be a prick and cause your clan to look bad and cause problems with in the clan.
3. Those players will not be loyal to your clan and will not stick around.
4. Can get your rcon to your servers and advertise it.
5. YOUR CLAN WILL FAIL!

Now granted, there is small clans out there that are holding up by doing this. But very few.

One of the best ways to start a clan is to:
1. Establish a good running server that does not allow cheaters and butt heads.
2. After some time, get a few friends that you know very well and form your clan.
3. Start a good website with a message board.
4. Being more active than your members.
5. Get to know the players that wants to join your clan first. Spec them occasionally to make sure they are not use any hacks. Ask around if other clans that may know that player and ask questions about that player. Make them wait a while before you let them in. By having them wait and if they stick around, this will show you that they really want in and will normally be loyal to your clan.

Other clans are usually willing to help you. Some do have their secrets and will not share those of course and will not do anything to promote your clan, but will give you advise in private most likely. Now of course a good clan will not try to recruit a member from another clan out of respect of that other clan. The more good clans that are around means a good scrimmage to schedule, lol. The more clans you have a friendship with, the better. The bigger and older clans can either help you or crush you. Now if they don't know you, they will not help, most likely.

To the players looking for a clan to join.
Do not clan spam. Most clans are in touch with others. Respectable clans will not recruit you if they don't know you. So running around asking if you can be a member, will not do you any good if you want into a respectable clan.

The best thing you can do is:
1. DO NOT USE ANY CHEATS!!!
2. Hang around them.
3. Play on their servers.
4. Learn their rules.
5. Show some maturity.
6. Record some demos of hackers and submit it to them.
7. Register to their message boards and post messages from time to time.
8. Get to know the members.
9. Do not wear their clan tag until asked to do so.
10. Do not ask for the rcon. They will give it to you when they are ready.

After some time if you like the clan and the members, put in a application to join them. If there is something you do not like, move on to the next clan until you find a clan that suits you.

I hope this helps someone in getting a good clan started and a player finding a good clan to join.

To frozen Sands, if I shouldn't have posted this, I apologize for doing so. I am just tired of seeing the same old things. And if this was a mistake, please just delete this post.

Thank you for reading,
Reaper{DKMs}

This post has been edited by Reaper-DKMs-: 23 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

#2 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

To frozen Sands, if I shouldn't have posted this, I apologize for doing so. I am just tired of seeing the same old things. And if this was a mistake, please just delete this post.

I think, it's a nice read for people that want to start or find a strong clan, that will last longer than the usual 2 weeks, so thank you for sharing your knowledge.

->Thread pinned

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#3 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

nice! ;)

#4 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Thank You

#5 User is offline   boner420 Icon

• Account: boner420

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

i like this so much i am going to copy and paste to my cults forums!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

F1
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#7 User is offline   stewiegriffin Icon

• Account: stewiegriffin

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Don,t make non-sense. Topic starter

I had a clan whit 25 members. Second big clan of Urban Terror (<QC>)

but its more importent to tell what your clan stand for and what game type you play. don,t take it to serious.

important for new clan starters its easy. Tell your game type, give detail information about your clan and why you start it. don,t tell bullshit or do not making it difficult.

This post has been edited by stewiegriffin: 02 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi aim Stewie-Griffin I kill you! :P Visit my server for i kill you
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]
[img]http://miniprofile.x...estroyer244.png[/img]

#8 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I had a clan whit 25 members. Second big clan of Urban Terror

Like I said!!!

Now granted, there is small clans out there that are holding up by doing this. But very few.

25 members? and 2 biggest clan, Mmmmmmmmmmmm I'm sorry but no :unsure: . You might want to do more research before you are post something like this.

Can you share your clans web site with us?

But, if your clan is doing good by recruiting anyone you see, all 25 members are sticking around and active, then congratulations.

This post has been edited by reaperdkms: 02 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

#9 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

View Poststewiegriffin, on 02 March 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

Second big clan of Urban Terror (<QC>)

Who?
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#10 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

View Poststewiegriffin, on 02 March 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

Don,t make non-sense. Topic starter

I had a clan whit 25 members. Second big clan of Urban Terror (<QC>)

but its more importent to tell what your clan stand for and what game type you play. don,t take it to serious.

important for new clan starters its easy. Tell your game type, give detail information about your clan and why you start it. don,t tell bullshit or do not making it difficult.

Makes perfect sense. I agree 100%
Try a different translator?

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942