Urban Terror Forums: Important Information for New Clans & Players looking for a clan - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Important Information for New Clans & Players looking for a clan Rate Topic: -----

What new clans shouldn't do & players looking for clans!

#11 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Please stay constructive guys and don't insult each other!

-> Posts removed!

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#12 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thanks reaperdkms for the post, some good tips!
We are a clan that has been around since 2008 and have only 24 members, all good guys but I only see maybe 3-4 of us at the most playing the game anymore. We also play mostly low-gravity with high kickback, and ffa,tdm, and ctf. We've only got one new recruit in the last 6 months, and nobody posts in the forum anymore, anymore ideas how I can get them more active? Has other clans been losing members lately?

#13 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

• Account: reaperdkms

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

Thank you! Let me ask you this, what kind of activity's do you offer in your clan?
The reason why I ask is because this is very important for a clan.

Most players want in a clan for a few reasons:
1. To feel accepted.
2. To have more friends in the game.
3. To have more activity's with the game.
4. To play in scrimmages
5. To have rcon passwords so they don't have to put up with buttheads.

KEEPING YOUR CLAN MEMBERS HAPPY.

Now granted, we may not be the biggest clan out there. But we are one of the oldest. We formed our clan in 1997 when Quake 1 came out. So we learned a few things along the way. But players don't like to be told what to do. Get them involved with some of the decisions that are being made. You shouldn't make a decision and say this is what we are doing. This tends to make your members upset and leave, depending on what you are doing if they don't agree with the decision you made. Just keep in mind that this is not your clan, it's our clan as far as your members.

New Changes:
Yes all clans have the same problem with their members. but this is a good method to keep good members around for a very long time. So this is what I do to keep people interested and some active. If their is something that is need to be changed that is not working, make a post about what is going on at the time and what you would like to do to fix this. Make sure in the post you make a statement that you want their feed back on this to know how they feel about it. Then I email them all with the link to that post. Give it a week or so. Then make a decition based off of your members answers. Unfortunately you can not please them all some times.

Vote your members into your clan:
You may be doing like I advised about getting to know the players first before you recruit them in. But do you ever ask what your clan members what they think of this player?
Think of it like this. If you decide to recruit a player into the clan and a existing member does not like that player. He may not say anything and just stop being active in your clan and move on to another clan. But if you tell your Request Recruits that they are voted into the clan by the clan members, he will make sure that he is on everyone's good side. But post your new Request Recruits application, email everyone so they are aware of it and ask your members to get to know the player. Ask your members, if they have any problems with this player to let you know. Much later, post a vote for that player to become a member, If a member does have a problem with that player , they just vote NO and the player doesn't get in. By this, your current members stays happy. Again, let them make the decision.

Activity's
As I stated before, keep them interested. Now this is what we do.
We hold clan gatherings twice a week. We meet on a clan server on Sunday and Wednesday nights at 7:00pm central and just beat the snot out of each other. This is open to the public. This way you are getting activity out of your clan members AND activity on your servers. Our Sunday night gatherings is on a Competition server. This way they get some practice for scrimmages that will be held. Again this is open to the public. Our Gathering on Wednesday night is just to goof around and beat the crap out of each other on a regular clan server.
NOW, this is not mandatory for members to show up for. If they can make it, GREAT, if not, no big deal. But I do email them all the day before to remind them. At the start time of the gathering, I send one more email as a nice foot in the butt to get their butts online.
Have your clan to start practicing for scrimmages. This way after a few good practices, you can schedule a fun scrimmage with another clan. Most of your members will love this. Come schedule it with us to start if you like.

Applications:
Players are digging around. They are only interested in clans that are active and have activity's, like the Clan Gatherings and Scrimmages. My advise to you is to fix your clan from with in first and soon you should start to see a big difference with the amount of applicants applying with your clan. Here is a link to our application as for an example only. http://dkmsclan.com/?page_id=102 After the applicant submits this, it email the clan admins. Now we have it set up so that the clan members can not recruit new members into the clan. They can refer them to apply and of course after some time after the members had time to get to know the applicant, then a clan admin will cast a vote for that applicant.

I really hope all this helps you. Please come visit us on our forms and join us for our gatherings so you can get more of a in site on some of the things we do. http://dkmsclan.com/
Of course other clans have other ideas and may work better. Hopefully if they do, they would share them to help other clans in need of some advise.

And remember it's just a game and we all play it to have fun, so keep it interesting for them.

This post has been edited by Reaper-DKMs-: 23 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

#14 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

@TheRealFubar

You cant get them active again, if someone stops playing he most likely wont return because he doesnt think the game is interesting.

Kick the inactive players out, maybe write them an email before to warn them, but get rid of all the inactive players.
get your clan a voip server if you dont have one, invite some people from ingame to your voip.
with clan or without doesnt matter, chat with them and have fun, make them return

#15 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

1. Try not to be 12 years old.
2. Don't use webs.com for your site.
3. Don't host your servers from your pentium 2 PC in your bedroom on DSL.
4. Don't recruit everyone because they have a pulse.
5. Try to know some English.

Ok...sounds like you got it all covered!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:33 PM

LOL :biggrin: Thanks Runamuk, That was short and sweet.

Thanks for sharing bro

#17 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Another good point. If a clan with a large problem with their members cheating, the clan supports cheats or a clan leader is known for using cheats, its probley best for you not to join this clan.

This post has been edited by Reaper-DKMs-: 09 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

#18 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

I was just digging around just on the first 2 pages of this form and I found a few prime examples of what you shouldn't do to start a clan and why you should get to know the players first before you recruit them. Sorry if this may hurts someones feelings, but these are good examples.

http://forums.urbant...arching-a-clan/

http://forums.urbant...for-a-tdm-clan/

http://forums.urbant...679-recruiting/

#19 User is offline   PrettyPinkPony Icon

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

Nice guide :) I've been leading my clan (Tx2) for the past two years, and couldn't agree more with your tips, definitely a great guide for beginners in both leader/clanless respects.
Save Us Midget Horses. D':

#20 User is offline   Reaper-DKMs- Icon

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

Thank you :biggrin:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942