Urban Terror Forums: Brightness not reset when client crashes - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Brightness not reset when client crashes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

sometimes the client crashes and I've to kill the application. However the brightness settings of UrT affects not only the game but my whole screen. When the client crashes, the increased brightness for gaming is left at it's level, resulting in too high brightness for the desktop.

When I start UrT again it's not problem, the in-game brightness is OK, but when I leave it, it does not change back to the original desktop brightness. My only solution so far is to reboot, which I'd like to avoid for such cases. Edit: I just realized that doing a log-off log-on works too. Still I'd like to spare that ...

Is there a way to reset the desktop brightness somehow?

I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64bit using a HD 5970.

thx

This post has been edited by rfx: 01 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

#2 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image
  • Open Catalyst Control Center
  • Pick "Desktop Color" (orange highlight)
  • Try the "Reactive AMD color controls" (yellow highlight) if it's not grayed out. If it's grayed out like on this screenshot. Try:
  • Adjust the Gamma (cyan highlight) level so it restore to a normal level.

Alternatively, you can also make a preset and store it so you can simply re-activate a preset without having to do this manually every time it happens. Preset is also more convenient since you can activate a preset from the sys-tray icon of CCC.

#3 User is offline   Tranc3r Icon

• Account: tranc3r

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

View Postrfx, on 01 April 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

Hi,

sometimes the client crashes and I've to kill the application. However the brightness settings of UrT affects not only the game but my whole screen. When the client crashes, the increased brightness for gaming is left at it's level, resulting in too high brightness for the desktop.

When I start UrT again it's not problem, the in-game brightness is OK, but when I leave it, it does not change back to the original desktop brightness. My only solution so far is to reboot, which I'd like to avoid for such cases. Edit: I just realized that doing a log-off log-on works too. Still I'd like to spare that ...

Is there a way to reset the desktop brightness somehow?

I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64bit using a HD 5970.

thx

Pretty cool program that will restore your desktop's gamma level in case it gets screwed up when a game crashes.

.... wow, I can't find the original site I downloaded this from, but it's a quick .exe

*file size is small and may seem like a virus or malware, but it's not.

You can download it here: http://www.fsk405.co...ightnessfix.rar
- Bass in yo' face!

#4 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Nice job, thanks for the advice !

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hey, had no urtcrash for long time but just happened one, with the gamme bug. Doing what Nexus wrote ^^ worked good.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942