Urban Terror Forums: Error on Startup "stnid is not a tty, console failed" - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Error on Startup "stnid is not a tty, console failed" Rate Topic: -----

Startup issue

#1 User is offline   moebiuspi Icon

• Account: moebiuspi

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hello there folks. I used to play UT on the 8-9.0 Ubuntu's, but recently switched to Mint 10. Unfortunately, I've got an issue with UT 4.1 when made executable; after loading up, it does the UT Splash + music, pops to console, and ends up the the error "stnid is not a tty, console failed". It freezes with that, unresponsive.

Has anyone found a solution to this, or found a reason why I've got this error? I've seen the Ubuntu forums mention it and to try the 32 bit io, but that one doesn't load whatsoever. I am using the 64-bit version of Mint 10. I also see in red file ui/menddef.h not found for a few lines prior. Is it possible I'm missing a file from the download?

#2 User is offline   xcldx Icon

• Account: xcldx

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

View Postmoebiuspi, on 11 May 2011 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hello there folks. I used to play UT on the 8-9.0 Ubuntu's, but recently switched to Mint 10. Unfortunately, I've got an issue with UT 4.1 when made executable; after loading up, it does the UT Splash + music, pops to console, and ends up the the error "stnid is not a tty, console failed". It freezes with that, unresponsive.

Has anyone found a solution to this, or found a reason why I've got this error? I've seen the Ubuntu forums mention it and to try the 32 bit io, but that one doesn't load whatsoever. I am using the 64-bit version of Mint 10. I also see in red file ui/menddef.h not found for a few lines prior. Is it possible I'm missing a file from the download?

I'm getting the same problem when I was running ioUrbanTerror.x86_64, and I get an error "stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed" and "Couldn't write q3config.cfg."
And I also have a lot of lines pointing to "Error: file ui/ingame_player.menu, line 1: file ui/menddef.h not found". The game only works when I run ioUrbanTerror.exe instead.

#3 User is offline   Urban Terror Matt Icon

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postxcldx, on 14 May 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

I'm getting the same problem when I was running ioUrbanTerror.x86_64, and I get an error "stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed" and "Couldn't write q3config.cfg."
And I also have a lot of lines pointing to "Error: file ui/ingame_player.menu, line 1: file ui/menddef.h not found". The game only works when I run ioUrbanTerror.exe instead.

Anyone looked into this? 64-bit Linux user here. Any help, appriciated.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by urbanterrormatt: 09 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

#4 User is offline   A10 Icon

• Account: a10

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem on 64bit Ubuntu 11.10.

This post has been edited by A10: 18 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

#5 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

Sounds like a pk3 issue. Quake 3 directory has R/W permissions for UrT? I think 'stnid is not a tty, console failed' has to do with it not being able to allocate terminal space? Make sure the exec has permissions then...
A shot in the dark, but yeah.
-B1
B1naryTh1ef
:3

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   neeko Icon

• Account: neeko

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

"stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed" is normal when you start the game outside of a terminal, say by clicking an icon/shortcut. That is not a problem. It could be a symptom.

Sounds like a path issue. How did you install UrT?

#7 User is offline   1absurdlion Icon

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postneeko, on 18 January 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

"stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed" is normal when you start the game outside of a terminal, say by clicking an icon/shortcut. That is not a problem. It could be a symptom.

Sounds like a path issue. How did you install UrT?

Exactly the same problem here; simply downloaded it from the website; have never had a problem, until trying it on this 64 bit intel cpu, kubuntu 64 bit
Edit: running it as 32 bit works.... would prefer running 64 bit though...

#8 User is offline   Yumcax Icon

• Account: yumcax

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

32 bit executable won't load for me."Failed to execute file "ioUrbanTerror.i386"."

#9 User is offline   Speckknoedelsup Icon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

same here,

switched to
ubuntu 11.10 64 bit recently.
gnome 3.2

pentium i5 4x2,66GHz
intel chipset
Gforce GTK560
4 Gig ram

running it as 32bit doesn't work for me.

#10 User is offline   kirkpuppy Icon

• Account: kirkpuppy

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm the developer of Fatdog64. I just rebuilt everything for a new release, Xorg 1.11.4, Mesa 8.0. The game works with my ATI card if sound over HDMI is not enabled. With intel graphics I get what others have reported in this thread. I recompiled the engine using the source here:

https://nodeload.git.../zipball/master

That fixes it. I uploaded a binary if you want to try it:

http://distro.ibibli...1-engine.tar.xz

You'll have to copy your .pk3 files into it.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942