• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimizing fps with nvidia. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RecoilNet Icon

• Account: recoilnet
  • Main tag:

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been looking how to optimize my fps to reach 100-125. Currently rely on the movement of the game where I play. Typically range between 60-80 fps or 30-50 fps if the thing is hot.

My current hardware:
AMD Phenom II Black Edition X6 3.3 GHz & 9Mb Cache
4Gb Ram DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 (Graphics clock 675 MHz 1024MB GDDR5)

My OS is Arch Linux x86_64 and my desktop is Gnome3

Any recommendations to get the most juice possible? And get to the magical 125fps?

#2 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Having your specifications, those fps probably as well could be achieved running Urt with openGL software emulation :P So check again if your video card drivers are installed correctly (or if you accidentally use motherboard graphics ;p ).

With that computer you usually shouldn't have to tweak things to get "the most juice possible" - with the drivers set up correctly it should just run fine with ~400-500 fps :O

#3 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Indeed so.
You should be maxing the games settings out (even using the bumpy client) and getting 125 fps.
I can do that and maintain it at 1920x1080 on a 20 player server using a GT220.

Does gnome3 use compiz or some other form of needed 3D acceleration? That would explain it, turn it off before running urt.

#4 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

This could be one of those situations when affinity should be set to just 1 core.
I got a far weaker nvidia (gts 250) and my FPS rarely drops under 90, only on full 32+ servers.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Segura Icon

• Account: segura

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

also got a Ubuntu 11.04 like desktop with gnome3 embedded, which has compiz enabled by default.

Well.. actually gnome3 (or gnome shell) doesn't use compiz at all. It instead it uses clutter for the graphics effects. You should remove compiz from your pc, instead than disable it when you run urt... The problem with gnome shell it's how to disable the "graphics effects", but I think it isn't possible... Anyway they aren't that heavy like compiz...

Btw, anyone have problems with gnome shell, alt+tab and UrT? When I press alt+tab the urt change from fullscreen to window-mode and the mouse don't work properly, then I have to reload the map in UrT to solve it. Anyone know a way to fix it?

This post has been edited by Segura: 31 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

[img]http://img293.images...1647/firmal.gif[/img]
Segura || Catalunya!www.terrorurbano.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942