Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

cant load default.cfg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hostert Icon

• Account: hostert

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

I downloaded Urban Terror yesterday, but when I press on the button, it says it can't load the default.cfg. I already re-downloaded it but that didn't work. What should I do now? I have windows 7.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Uninstall the game. Run the installer, and make sure you install it to a folder in your my documents. This is where my game is installed to:

C:\Users\Hayden\Documents\UrT42\

Read on to find out why this works:

I have Windows 7 and it works fine. As a general rule, any games compatible with XP you will need to install to your my Documents. This is because Vista and 7 got this newfangled security crap that prevents programs from saving data into the program files folder. So, when urbanterror goes to C:\Program Files\UrbanTerror\q3ut4\ to find default.cfg, it's not there because 7 won't let UrT put default.cfg there.
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#3 User is offline   mogul Icon

• Account: mogul
  • Main tag: |<3|

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Odd,there's no(apparent) problem dumping everything to C:\Program Files\UrbanTerror,with just the installer in My Documents.Although,this is on XP.

Taken from the ''Game Troubleshootings'' section in the manual:

Windows 7 : FPS / Write Errors Fix
As you may or may not know, Windows 7 has a different default security policy, similar in kind to that of Unix operating systems. When you install urban terror you will probably do so to...

C:\\Program Files x86\\Urban Terror\\

When you run Urban Terror it does NOT have access to write to this location. This means that on your q3console and q3config files that are located here can not be created. This has cause lag to many players using windows 7.

To fix this all you have to do is allow your user the ability to write to this directory.

#4 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

the default.cfg is in one of the zpaks, can you look through the "q3ut4" folder under the Urban Terror directory and list the files there that start with "zpak" ?

also try what they said about installing it into a folder other than the "Program Files" one :)
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#5 User is offline   ploo Icon

• Account: ploo

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

that C:\Users\Hayden\Documents\UrT42\ dosen't work. :sad: this is my 3 time when i have problem! *RAGE* ÄÄÄHG!!!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

• Account: argusmagnus

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

try the full download: http://download.urba...42_full_009.zip
The updater/installer does not work properly.

Unzip the UrbanTerror42_full_009.zip to C:\Games\UrT42 and try to run UrT.
Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager
Fractal Image Calculator: Fraktalysator

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942