• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why keeping all the known issues? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hemorrhage Icon

• Account: hemorrhage

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hi,

I'm maybe a newbie here but I'm certainly not an inexperienced videogamer. Over the last couple of years I've gave a shot at Urban Terror every now and then, even if I had a xBox at home that was satisfying my every needs for gaming. But recently I got for the first time the idea of uninstalling Urban Terror because, well, it's just not fair/fun anymore.

It looks like more and more players are making headshots like you pop balloons of a bubblewrap, others use parts of a map that I didn't know you can stand on, I've even emptied yesterday an entire clip of M4 in the head of some guy who just turns around slowly to kill me with his knife... I'm sure you know what I mean.

So while it seems that every 7 years old script kiddie have access to all the doc they wish about known bugs that are letting them doing what they want online, why there is no such thing as an update/patch/version of the game/server that will be avoiding this kind of behavior? You know I'm more than ready to lose the option to dress my avatar up with the "fun stuff" if it means an end to hacking the game...

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

So basically you're uninstalling UrT cause you're inexperienced in it, ok.

#3 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Ditto.

I got rid of URT about 2 months ago.
Waiting for HD alpha to come to linux + some of the new maps, see how things play out or just quit all together and be out of here.
Do the same and try HD out rather then completely give up - it's been a while since the last alpha release so I doubt anyone is actually playing atm, nice big barriers up to *stop* the cheaters in the works (I believe passport is up now) which could make it better for you, also take time to learn the maps (/devmap or start local server) and go round by yourself just learning and trying things out.

I said it a hundred times now though, urt = amazing game ruined by the majority of people playing it.

Also: inb4 fanboy rage & locked/deleted thread :P

#4 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

No software anti-cheat is serious test for community loyalty :sad:

#5 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Been playing for ten years or more. Not stopping now! I am not saying there are no cheaters. But there are plenty of experienced players who are just simply great at the game. Just because some one can pull your pants down around your ankles does not mean they are cheating.
In my opinion, there are more players accusing other players of cheating than there are players actually cheating. So, if you are among that group, you are as much a part of the problem as the players who do cheat.
You should probably be playing checkers anyhow.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

View Postcyrus, on 19 June 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

In my opinion, there are more players accusing other players of cheating than there are players actually cheating.

Don't agree to that at all. In my AC experience, I've never seen someone that has been actually accused by mistake by a substantial part of the community. On the contrary, I think there are plenty of players who are never accused but are actually cheating (because they hide their hacks too well, or because they simpy suck by themselves).

Having said that, a lot of high skilled / old school players are often accused on public server by beginners. The reason is quite simple : due to the gameplay of UrT, the gap between a new-comer and an old school guy (let's say +5/6 years experience) can simply be enormous. The experienced players will move, jump, aim and react a way a newcomer would never understand, and simply never get killed by him (so frustration, irritation, and cheating accusations).

Hemorrhage, don't worry, the HD version is on its way. :)

#7 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostTizz, on 19 June 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Don't agree to that at all. In my AC experience, I've never seen someone that has been actually accused by mistake by a substantial part of the community. On the contrary, I think there are plenty of players who are never accused but are actually cheating (because they hide their hacks too well, or because they simpy suck by themselves).

I think we can't assume, that part of the community is playing well with no well hidden hacks. The world of FPS gaming is full of stories about Intergalactic Champions, who uploaded screenshots just for kicks and forgot they have wh.

I'm not accusing anyone now. Just think about guys, who are so good in hiding hacks, that you need to establish a team with voip coordination to catch him. Also, think about guys who hack so good, that nobody will ever think about specing him for longer period of time.

I think that is somekind of cancer, that really hurts.

I believe - that software anticheat will make a little earthquake when it's released and some players will start to play "surprisingly worst" than before...

But also - I don't play UrT for 10 years like large part of this board, so I'm curious about their opinion :rolleyes:

#8 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Well, you got to the core of the problem : nothing can replace a software anticheat. Watching demos has huge bounderies (one of the few examples of human beings being surpassed by computers for ever).

This post has been edited by Tizz: 19 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

#9 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

I really believe, that Kalish from UAA and his friends will develop a great anticheat - that's for sure. But till UrT HD will be released, it may lost a lot of players.

:sad:

#10 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

Yeah on some pub servers the people are realy unfriendly and retarded sleed free :ph34r: :wacko: about 2 years ago this kind of player was very rare.

I hope we will not sink to the CoD communty niveau.

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 19 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942