Urban Terror Forums: Bumpmapping Modifications - Enthusiastic Mappers Required - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (112 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bumpmapping Modifications - Enthusiastic Mappers Required Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   ironized (old) Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:02 AM

ok, a new morning, and alot of wasted time last night:P ill now re compile.....

#32 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:33 AM

Ungh I can't make this specular look any good so far.

Hmm.

#33 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Update:  redownload the link in the first post, I seem to have fixed the specular up so it doesn't look like arse anymore.

#34 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

tbh in my opinion  bump mapping and specular are great features to have,  but is there any way we can add more Realistic looking textures to this instead of  adding  all the new gaming features first?

I mean they look great but the  old 4.0 cartoonish style textures are out dated and if THEY were updated then  things like  Glow, bump mapping and specular would look far much better on the realistic textures.

i mean  it doesnt make sense as to why you would try to make this game more realistic by adding things such as bump mapping and specular when you dont use realistic textures to begin with.

hope someone understands what i am trying to say..  :|

anyways great work none the less  27

#35 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

This is an engine modification.  This'd work just fine with any quake 3 mod, not just UrT.  I just chose Urt to test with for obvious reasons :)

As for "unrealistic/realistic" - thats really up to the mapper.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

No, actually, I don't understand. The vast majority of our textures are realistic, especially newer ones which are quite often photosourced (hard to get more realistic than that). What cartoonish textures do you mean? Waaaay back in 1.x some were that way, but not in a long time.

#37 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

thanks for the explaination 27..

dragonne thats my whole point  the textures  maybe be photosourced  and to me compared to any other game they really do look old in my opinion its time we got some new maps with better quality textures i mean compared to older version 4.1 is the most realistic by far however  with the most popular games nowadays  being  games like  BF2, COD2, COD4, Crysis, CS    the thing all these games have in common is that they have  High Quality/Resolution Textures   where as Urt  does not - yes they are photosource but  at a low quality and resolution ..

this  maybe also due the game only officially support  Trilinear Texturing so maybe Anistropic Filtering should be on the wish list?

I am no coder, mapper,  or model designer   I am just a PLAYER and i am just expressing my opions on how i feel about the game about and in my opinion what i would like to see come out this game.

#38 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

Twenty Seven could you please check your pm's  i have left you a message there, thanks

#39 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

If i get some time, ill check this out and post some screenies. Will def use this for the map competition thou  :-D

#40 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

thanks for the explaination 27..

dragonne thats my whole point  the textures  maybe be photosourced  and to me compared to any other game they really do look old in my opinion its time we got some new maps with better quality textures i mean compared to older version 4.1 is the most realistic by far however  with the most popular games nowadays  being  games like  BF2, COD2, COD4, Crysis, CS    the thing all these games have in common is that they have  High Quality/Resolution Textures  where as Urt  does not - yes they are photosource but  at a low quality and resolution ..

this  maybe also due the game only officially support  Trilinear Texturing so maybe Anistropic Filtering should be on the wish list?

I am no coder, mapper,  or model designer  I am just a PLAYER and i am just expressing my opions on how i feel about the game about and in my opinion what i would like to see come out this game.

The mappers in those games get paid though =p.

• (112 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942