• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Running UT4_Uptown (4.1) in 4.1.1. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lurf Icon

• Account: lurf

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi,
I've had an urt server running for quite a while now. It runs uptown only. Recently I decided to update it to Urt 4.1.1. I saw the map has been updated. Though I'm not sure the new map is better. So I would like to run both versions of ut4_uptown for a while and let the players decide which one they like best. So my question is how can I run the 4.1 uptown on a 4.1.1. server?
Thanks,
Lurf

This post has been edited by lurf: 15 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

#2 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

youd have to hack and repack the 4.1.1 assets into a new map pk3

which is not allowed and youll probably be banned
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#3 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

:huh:

how about the easy way:
stop server, move zpak001_assets.pk3 in another directory and restart server...

#4 User is offline   theRipper Icon

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

easier? xD

i guess. thatd annoy me too much. lol

#5 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

you couldn't run them both at the same time (read: one after another on the same server) because they both have the same name, server sees them as the same map and just loads whichever one comes last.
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

View Postklabauterman, on 15 July 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

:huh:

how about the easy way:
stop server, move zpak001_assets.pk3 in another directory and restart server...

this doesnt allow you to run both versions of uptown which is what the op is trying to do. there is a way to do it, but its not clean, would probably cause a lot of bugs and would be violation urban terrors terms of service

This post has been edited by nitro: 16 July 2011 - 03:16 AM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#7 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

View Postnitro, on 16 July 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

this doesnt allow you to run both versions of uptown which is what the op is trying to do. there is a way to do it, but its not clean, would probably cause a lot of bugs and would be violation urban terrors terms of service

I was thinking that 4.1.1 is basically only the new zpak so moving it out of the way was my first idea to accomplish what OP wanted. I wouldn't even consider trying it myself if I'd still have servers (well, after they finally ran lagfree I had to postpone all my plans... :sad: ).

4.1.1 Uptown is bugfree and so much nicer, so please, admins, upgrade and stop using the old one!

I really do not understand why 4.1.1 seems to be so widely disregarded by server admins.

BTW, it happened to me that I reconnected to a TDM server running the old uptown and I could play on the new version without any problems. When the map restarted I was in the old uptown again.

And about the TOS: does that mean it is against TOS to run 4.1 server? I find that hard to believe, maybe some FS member could clarify?

#9 User is offline   theRipper Icon

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

i,personally, dont run 4.1.1 because i dont like the player models and i dont see anything else worth changing over.

#10 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

I upgraded to 4.1.1 (had the server upgrade within the first hour of the news being announced). However since then i have removed it because it creates a lot of problems, the first problem is clear players that dont have the upgrade are not warned and allowed to connect to the server (so much for pure servers) this obviously causes issues then for the player.

secondly I have been unsuccessful in getting bots to work on ANY map after the 4.1.1 update is applied and therefor this upgrade does not appeal to me.

the third problem I faced was installation for the player. the new installer is less user friendly and doesnt tell the player where the files are being installed to, nor does it create a shortcut and therefor leaves the player thinking the installer crashed or failed to install.

As for the new maps, i think they are great however I really dislike the new uptown as the new fence prevent fluid jumping and also allow better spawn camping and killing for the red team to get a upper hand against the blueteam.
the fence allows reds to spawn kill were the fence on the red side prevents this creating an imbalanced game in my opinion

with these problems in mind I have no intentions of upgrading anytime soon until a proper patch has been released which fixes atleast the first issue.

This post has been edited by nitro: 17 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942