Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server doesnt show up Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   evcamstrss Icon

• Account: evcamstrss

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys, first forum post ever so sorry if I get something wrong.

Anyway, I have been trying to create a home server for a long time. Lan servers work perfectly fine. I have no trouble with those. However, I cannot figure out how in the world to create an internet server. I have tried to do it the same way as Lan games (since technically that doesn't give any identification if it is or is not a true Lan server), and I have tried creating a dedicated online server. But every single time I try to find the game on my other computer, it simply is not there.

I have 2 ideas, 1: do I need to try to connect from outside the current network? and 2, it seems my ports may be closed, but that doesn't effect any other program, all of them work fine.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Servers with a Dialup connection will never been seen on the masterlist

#3 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Wich means you can still connect, by using /connect IP:port

#4 User is offline   evcamstrss Icon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

ItsMe, I have a high speed cable connection via Comcast. Lately I have been getting speeds of up t 3.5 megs on my downloads, so I know its not that. It could be the way Comcast and Dial-Up connect though?

YAY5637, I'm sorry, I dont know what you mean by /connect IP:port, are you saying type this into the Console? and I have thought about doing that sort of thing, but I cant figure out what the IP and Port number of an internet server are anyway, ingame.

This post has been edited by evcamstrss: 05 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

#5 User is offline   ButterdBread Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

standard port is 27960

This post has been edited by ButterdBread: 06 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   evcamstrss Icon

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

So basicly my server can be called by inputing the IP I get from this site and the port number? Where to I input this? I would guess the console, but I've had trouble with obvious things before...

#7 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

View Postevcamstrss, on 07 February 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

So basicly my server can be called by inputing the IP I get from this site and the port number? Where to I input this? I would guess the console, but I've had trouble with obvious things before...

no because your hosting from home so other problems are caused by your home router being behind a NAT and a firewall, both of which you'll need to manually correct, and support for this is not officially supported on these forums, however users maybe able to pitch in to help.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#8 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostNitro, on 07 February 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

no because your hosting from home so other problems are caused by your home router being behind a NAT and a firewall, both of which you'll need to manually correct, and support for this is not officially supported on these forums, however users maybe able to pitch in to help.

Make sure you bind your ip in your command line startup to the internal IP assigned to your host computer. Make sure you forward the assigned URT Server port in your router to your assigned computer host. Open up the port in your firewall i.e. 27960 and also open up UDP 27950(this sends your heartbeat to the master for the list). If you did it right you should be sending a heartbeat from your server that is accessible on your local Lan via your internal IP but accessible to the outside world via your external IP. Check your console for error messages and post them here. Also double check your master settings end in .info and not .net.

#9 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostRunamuk, on 08 February 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Make sure you bind your ip in your command line startup to the internal IP assigned to your host computer. Make sure you forward the assigned URT Server port in your router to your assigned computer host. Open up the port in your firewall i.e. 27960 and also open up UDP 27950(this sends your heartbeat to the master for the list). If you did it right you should be sending a heartbeat from your server that is accessible on your local Lan via your internal IP but accessible to the outside world via your external IP. Check your console for error messages and post them here. Also double check your master settings end in .info and not .net.

IIRC the Masterserver does _not_ list any Servers using a dialup connection - so he can configure his NAT Settings as much as he wants - it will _not_ appear in the Masterlist.

The NAT Settings are necessary for connectig via /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27960

--
ItsMe

#10 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostItsMe, on 09 February 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

IIRC the Masterserver does _not_ list any Servers using a dialup connection - so he can configure his NAT Settings as much as he wants - it will _not_ appear in the Masterlist.

The NAT Settings are necessary for connectig via /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27960

--
ItsMe

He stated above that he does not have dial up but a high speed cable connection. Why wouldn't the master server list a server with a high speed cable connection?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942