• You cannot reply to this topic

League startup Rate Topic: -----

I need some bounceboards.

#1 User is offline   shizuma Icon

• Account: shizuma

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Alright.
So.

I'm pretty much finishing up a gaming-website atm and betatesting most of the stuff.
I've added leaguesupport and a whole lot else, aiming for the same amount of content as internation gamingsites.

So far, it's going very well.

Anyways, since a large portion of the site will be dedicated to urban terror, I decided to set up the framework for a league as well.

This came from the rather simple conclusion that the current leagues lack. The core functionality for a league is there in pretty much all of them, and they execute it very well. However, there's always room to add "more" that makes the league even more interesting for everyone involved. And let's face it, everyone loves having some bragging rights. So, from the perspective of wanting to give the players extra content and satisfaction, I went overboard coding a little. But it turned out well.

So, what I've implemented into the league so far is the following:

Regular league-setup with divisions and yada yada. Nothing special.

Teams automatically rank up/down the divisions after a completed season.

Scores are calculated in both wins and rounds. And losses and so on of course.

MVP (Most valuable player) gets tracked from every single match.

This is based on KPD, not total kills. (Even if you have 48 frags in a match, you still suck if you've died 60 times. Thereby, KPD is the better alternative for tracking who's actually good or not.)

What team the MVP belonged to is also tracked.

For every season there will be the gold, silver and bronze trophies for the top 3 teams, along with them ranking up a division if there's enough teams available for it.

For every season, the top 3 best players will also be featured, calculated from their combined KPD/Amount of matches.

For every season, the top 3 best teams regarding individual memberskill will be calculated from the amount of MVP's that team has received.

This is what I've accomplished so far.

Now, what I need is input. Ideas. More features that you'd like to see in a league that'd make it stand out.
Even if it sounds retarded, I can make it work. Althou, idea's like "the winning team gets a flying pig soaring above their name on the site" will be ignored.

#2 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

We'll be able to schedule our matches and choose our maps or will it be predefined?

Which gamemodes are you expecting to allow us to play?

#3 User is offline   r4g3b0rn Icon

• Account: r4g3b0rn

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

When do you plan on opening the site to the public? It would be good to have people start to use it to see any bugs and things that may be there, helps you fix it and helps you get the name of your competition out.

#4 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

moar leagues, which continents you looking for? N America and S America have enough ping troubles, i cant imagine a team based in cali playing a team in switzerland (ping like 200)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942