• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_oaks_b2 [BETA] Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

I tried to get your map to load and it wouldn't. Failed to allocate bytes, whatever that means.

#22 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

the hunkmegs,soundmegs,and zonemegs are how much memory urt is allowed to used.

The amount of the 3 must not be over 3/4 of your total ram, but for lower systems i wouldnt recommend it.

default values:

com_hunkmegs "256"
com_soundmegs "8"
com_zonemegs "24"

you probably got the zone megs allocation error which is mainly textures, i believe.
del must have added a crazy shader or just enough mb to send you over your limit.

try raising you zone megs slighlty

if you posted your system specs we could help a little more :) and also how many bytes it failed to allocate
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#23 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

How much Ram do you have?
try com_hunkmegs "512"

#24 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

I'm supposed to have 2048 RAM, which I thought would be enough.

#25 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

maybe you didnt have that much ram available atm because other programs were using alot? idk
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

The command com_hunkmegs means that your ingame memory is capped at X whatever X is set to, if you have 2gb of ram you can easily spare 1gb to UrT increasing loading times and playability com_hunkmegs "1024" then do a vid_restart

#27 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Can I put

/com_hunkmegs 1024

in my autoexec.cfg to take care of this?

#28 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

yes, though you don't need the /

Anyway, back on topic <3

#29 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Quite a few changes have happened since the last release, mostly are minor fixes to all the gametypes and visual updates as well.

http://www.gotdeliri...iew/oak_013.jpg
In this screenshot you can see a number of changes, this is where the bouncy castle used to be. Now you have a toilet block which reduces spawn camping on the red side of the map. You can also see on the right hand side I've extended a building wall which runs through, this improves vis by a sh!t load, helps reduce spawn camping and also slows down the long stretch in TS where you could see from one side of the map to the other.
You also have a small glimpse at the fog particles which are now scattered around the map to give a more spooky kind of feeling.

http://www.gotdeliri...iew/oak_014.jpg
Here you can see a number of visual changes, new tree, new garden bit for the tree to sit in, the planks are removed from the roller-ride upper section and replaced with boards.
There is a new "dedicated smoking area" which is open in all gametypes except TS as you can see by the gameplay sheet at the bottom of the post. This new bit only has 1 entrance and serves no major purpose except as a 'break point' where a player can hide from action for a while until he/she has received a medic, a new concept which I'm going to try out.

http://www.gotdeliri...iew/oak_015.jpg
Here you can see a few visual changes, mainly the lettering on the entrance roof and the details on the left which stop the end of the world look the map had before.
There is a new room which has been added in also which gives new spot to hide in with the flag when your blue (as I noticed Red has a few but blue doesn't)

http://www.gotdeliri...iew/oak_016.jpg
Mainly visual updates here, you can see the fog once again, a new fence as been made around the carousel and new carousel models have been made(cheers to ValkoVer) I've replaced what was a toilet block with a slide, as silly as it seems it actually gives perfect height variations and is just as quick to get up/down as the toilet block was.

http://www.gotdeliri...iew/oak_666.jpg
Here is the gameplay sheet I was talking about. It doesn't include the little "entrance overlook" room I talked about earlier, that however is open in all gametypes then will be closed off depending on how certain gametypes recieve it.
I've added in a new wall to stop the long ass snipe down the one side of the map which also improves Vis.

Clips marked with 1 mean they're only clipped for TS and BOMB
Clips marked with 2 are only clipped in TS
Clips marked with 3 and now unclipped in all gametypes, you can get ontop of the carousel

#30 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

awesome :D when u release b2?
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942