• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rayne's texture pack Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

OK here's my first texture pack.
It contains 16 diffuse maps.
All diffuse maps are normal mapped and a few are parallax mapped so bump maps are included.
Posted Image
DOWNLOAD

#3 User is offline   Rayne Icon

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

View PostMarkinho, on 03 November 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

Sweet, thanks for sharing!

No problem. Please post some feedback when you get the chance I'd like to know what mappers think of them. Do they need color or contrast correction, are normal maps working as i expect them to and so on.

#5 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Need to watch those power of 2's :P (asphalt.jpg)

Also I think that 2048 is quite a high resolution to go to(green_bulkhead.jpg), though I understand why you did it for the texture pack I'm just saying in-game it wouldn't be realistic.

I think the specular on all the textures are done very nicely, some of your height maps are a bit too soft whereas they could be sharper to produce a finer edge(not for all of them though)

green_bulkhead.jpg wasn't a good base image as its got a lot of shadowy stuff happening and won't look as realistic in-game.

With the normal maps, what I did with some of mine is make 2 normal maps, one generated from the diffuse and the other generated from the height map then blend them together, this tends to give the shape which your after plus the finer details to make the texture more coarse.

Else I think you've done a good job, nice.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

These are very nice and wisely used as usual by you guys. Not too less and not too much; great

#7 User is offline   Rayne Icon

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostDelirium, on 04 November 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

Need to watch those power of 2's :P (asphalt.jpg)

Also I think that 2048 is quite a high resolution to go to(green_bulkhead.jpg), though I understand why you did it for the texture pack I'm just saying in-game it wouldn't be realistic.

I think the specular on all the textures are done very nicely, some of your height maps are a bit too soft whereas they could be sharper to produce a finer edge(not for all of them though)

green_bulkhead.jpg wasn't a good base image as its got a lot of shadowy stuff happening and won't look as realistic in-game.

With the normal maps, what I did with some of mine is make 2 normal maps, one generated from the diffuse and the other generated from the height map then blend them together, this tends to give the shape which your after plus the finer details to make the texture more coarse.

Else I think you've done a good job, nice.

oh snap 1095, my bad.I guess i saw 10xx and automatically disregarded the other 2 digits.
Bulkhead was a pretty bad base cause of shadows baked in it, but i so love green :>, same can go for the window texture.

@Nounou, thanks, more will come once i find some time to dedicate to them.

This post has been edited by Rayne: 04 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942