• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ps1 [-BETA] Rate Topic: -----

looking for some feedback

#1 User is offline   mrpink Icon

• Account: mrpink

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

Hi,

This was formerly a topic about my new map, ps1. After reading the comments of SubJunk and Delirium however, I've decided to just go ahead and make this a beta release. So, here is ps1.

Power Struggle: Power Struggle is basically just CTF only each team has five flags instead of one. It is a game mode I had nothing to do with inventing, but that I have yet to see in UT. If this map goes over well, I plan on doing something of a series. This map will work in all modes aside from Bomb mode (see planned changes)but was designed with power struggle in mind and may not be to fun in other modes.

Suggestions for play: Due to the nature of the map design, games on this map will most likely have very high cap counts, and as such, if you are awesome and put it on your server, you should set a high cap limit. Since I have yet to play it with others, it's hard to make a valid suggestion for the limit number, but easily over 20. Also, the map was designed for lots of players, and I can't imagine it would be very fun with only a handful. Ideally matches might be in the 10 on 10 or higher range.

Jump pads: There are 16 in this map.

Screens:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

File (12.97MB): http://www.mediafire.../ut4_ps1_b1.pk3

Planned Changes:
1. minimap
2. Jump pad sounds.
3. Possible light adjustments, brighter, less color.
4. fix red jump bar injury problem, possibly break up jump bars into individual directions.
5. adjust center red jump pad.
6. add bomb site
7. probably change thin hallway.
8. Fix the level shot.
Thanks for checking it out, hope it is well received, and all feedback/opinions are greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by mrpink: 23 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

Hard to say without being in the map itself, but based on the pics there might be spots where it's too dark. Other than that it looks pretty cool, looking forward to playing it

#3 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

As Sub said its hard to say from the shots you've posted, but I think it could be a fun map. Maybe up the lighting a bit

#4 User is offline   mrpink Icon

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Went ahead and made this a beta thread, pk3 is in first post. Thanks for the encouragement.

#5 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Cool, will check it out, but first you should use regular map naming conventions:
1) Start the map name with ut4_, that ensures that people know which version of UrT the map was made for.
2) For beta versions add _b* to the map name and file name.

In other words your .pk3, .bsp and .tga files should be named ut4_ps1_b1

You should also use either .tga or .jpg for levelshots. If you use .tga for your current one it will be only 690KB instead of 2.14MB like your .psd currently is :)

Edit: The reason for the second point is that when you release map updates they should have different names with each update (next one would be ut4_ps1_b2) and this prevents things from getting very confusing for users and server admins

This post has been edited by SubJunk: 22 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mrpink Icon

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

Wow, I can't beleive I left that as a psd xD. It was late, what can I say. Making the changes now :)

EDIT: Updated

This post has been edited by mrpink: 23 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942