• You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_workshops_b2 Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Bomb Mode dedicated map

#1 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

Let me introduce to You my humble little map, Workshops. It's specially designed for Bomb Mode. Map has been tested in alpha stage and gameplay in Bomb Mode is good. I encourage You to more testing!
Download Link

There is a lot of work to be done, but I think it's good to ask community about opinion :rolleyes:

Screenshots, screenshots:
Blue Spawn:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Red Spawn:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Red Bomb Spot Area:
Posted Image
Black Bomb Spot Area:
Posted Image
Rest of the complex:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

Yo, really cool looking map dude :D
And im happy you make Bomb maps!! i mean bomb mode is pretty dead in UrT and i hate it i really love bomb :D

So about the map: Its looking real good, i did find some overlapping brushes and some brushes that is not out all the way and stuffs like that, but its just an beta so that will get fixed :)

but isent the map 2 big? i havent tested it yet with people and i see that it does not take that very long to get to the bombsites but there is so many useless routes imo, i mean they look good and all and fit into the map for Tdm and Dm, but for TS and Bomb i think u should close some places of :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#3 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

You may have too many routes in TDM, CTF or TS. But not in BM. If You give players little amount of routes, BM turns into TS. I have seen crazy stuff during gameplay on my map - players are unpredictable, if You give them enough space to act:)

#4 User is offline   cec. Icon

• Account: cec
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hey, I tested your map for a few minutes and the first thing I noticed was the (bad) lighting. Please don't use ambient light, it destroys the atmosphere of every map and doesn't look good at all. And why are all the buildings the same height?
But nevertheless, the map isn't bad at all. I like urban maps, there a far too few out there. :)

#5 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

There is no ambient light used. About height - yep, that was my first approach to separate skybox for each area.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   cec. Icon

• Account: cec
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Oh, okay, my bad :D I thought it was ambient light but then it's a white light (sky) shader with a high value? This doesn't fit either, look at the dark clouds – and the few shadows :) Just lower the value (and change the color a little bit maybe) and use street lights or other light sources to brighten the area.

#7 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I have used minlight 40 in worldspawn - maybe that's why.

#8 User is offline   Gallows Icon

• Account: gallows
  • Main tag: =DM=

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

View PostJustMe..., on 28 July 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

...so many useless routes imo, i mean they look good and all and fit into the map for Tdm and Dm, but for TS and Bomb i think u should close some places of :)

I'd agree

Played this a bit in TS, there are a few routes that don't really help the flow of the map.

I'd also say it plays a little camp heavy with all the out of the way places where people can just corner camp and pick up cheap kills in TS.

~

2c

#9 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Yep, That's why I recommend Bomb Mode.

Take a look at Algiers in BM for example. Basically - red team has only two routes to each bomb site. Gaming became very repeating after while. I have included many routes to make BM more interesting and surprising for both teams.

#10 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

View Postmajkifajki, on 28 July 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

Yep, That's why I recommend Bomb Mode.

Take a look at Algiers in BM for example. Basically - red team has only two routes to each bomb site. Gaming became very repeating after while. I have included many routes to make BM more interesting and surprising for both teams.

Well i can agree that it gets repeating, but idk dust 2 for example is imo one of the best maps ever made,i spend around 80 - 90% of my UrT time to play Dust2 Bomb only, and thats alot lol but i just love that map.
and i really do like the idea of alternative routes, but the map just seems huge :O, but i wont say anything moore about this map before iwe tested it out with people yet :)

So if anyone has this map on their Bomb server, pls send us ur ip so people who read this thread can join and play with us :) (maybe even majki can post the ip on the first post.)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942