Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Connection problems on Windows 7 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dmg Icon

• Account: dmg

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hi everyone!

I am having connection problems with Urban Terror 4.1.1 and could not find any answer searching in the forums so I have to ask you.

Whenever I enter the game and hit the "Refresh list" button a really small amout of server show up, the same if I try "Get New List" instead.
If I click on it again an even smaller list will show up or even no servers will be printed.
If I try to connect to one of those servers, I may enter the server and see some players but I get the "Connection interrupted" message and cannot join a team or move the spectator camera. When I am on the server I have no ping problems, it says I have the normal ping (30-150, depends on the server).
If, inside one of the servers, I move around I may do it for one or two seconds but as when you are lagged, it will return to the first position.

This is very frustrating.

Sometimes this problem have disapeared but now it is permanently.

I have tried chanching the master server address, now I have master.urbanterror.info, master2.urbanterror.info and master.quake3arena.com as master server list addresses.
I also tried switching off the firewall and opening known ports that some servers use. Opening the ports I can enter the servers without that lag but they are not listed in the main list.

Also when I try to enter one of my favorites servers I have to download the map (I am on a new computer) and the downloading goes from 8Kb/s to some ¡¡bytes!! per second. It is not a problem of my connection because I can download from the web browser as normal. (even 1Mb/s).
The download starts at 8Kb or so and start decreasing until I get the following error:

Download error: Transferred a partial file
Code: 200 URL: http://scrim.fsk405....t4_superman.pk3

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you so much in advance!

This post has been edited by dmg: 15 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

#2 User is offline   dmg Icon

• Account: dmg

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

It seems solved.

The problem was that the router firewall was up so I just had to turn it off. Now it works both on the new PC and the laptop, so great!
Have checked everything before realize the firewall was activated... Next time I will check it first!

Have a nice day!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942