• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Li'l Pwny Club Rate Topic: -----

#12 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

maybe remove bots all together?
Personally I don't like bots due to the fact that you can't talk to anyone because bots don't reply (unless programmed to, but it's usually only 'Hey' or something), plus the gameplay isn't anything near what you would find in a normal server with real people. I dunno, I just find that bots sometimes make gameplay boring, but this server might be different :)I will check it out next week

#13 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Bots are just here to pretend the server not being empty, when there is 1 or 0 actual player connected. I assume they leave while players are connecting.

#14 User is offline   banksy Icon

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yes it says when 6 players join bots leave, but still. I just dont like bots haha

#15 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

bots are there to kick start of the server in the mornings, we say 6 humans buts its really just to get enough players to replace the bots after the server has enough to swap mapcycles until player levels drop to less than 3 players, that way it tries to encourage real players to stay in for longer.

It would be nice to do without bots but players these days are not like the players from my generation, back in my days we would sit for an hour on our favourite empty server if needed to get players joining.

but with the countless home servers popping up every day because people think their internet has what it takes to run server at home means we end up with 1 server for every 2 players. Which means now one wants to stick around they would rather just jump to the next server with players in it.

When I first started this server there was around 500 servers and a lot of them where big clan servers that where rented off a proper provider and usually only 1-2 servers per clan (1pub 1private) nowadays you see 15 servers per clan with 13 empty 1 quarter full and another 3/4 full, all because people have windows and a point click server setup page and they think they are done.. :/

/rant over :D
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   banksy Icon

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

fair enough haha :)

#17 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

If they fixed the server code the bots would work like they were designed. Any server could run them and they would go when people came in. You could run all maps and URT would benefit by not having empty servers. Instead it's a broken system that nobody values enough to fix or allow others to fix for them and people running servers have no way of getting players in. Let's face it, people can't sit in their servers and play all day long to build population. These are the reasons bots were originally designed, to get the server going. The designers knew they would suck which is why the coded a way for them to be kicked when humans came.

Let's sway the opinion and make bots valued again as a server tool. Please.

#18 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

updated first post with new IP.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942