Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

func_bobbing issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I want to have an elevator that goes to a different depth in CTF than in other gametypes. I have a hole in a floor, and a func_wall that fills the hole in the floor in gametypes other than CTF. I want to have one func_bobbing with gametype 0,1,3,4,5,8 that goes down to the func_wall, and another func_bobbing with gametype 7 that goes through the hole that is open in CTF. But the gametype key is not working on the func_bobbing entities. They both show up which breaks the elevator, getting people stuck in the middle of the elevator shaft. So the bug appears to be that the gametype key does not work on everything that it should. (You can't reach the part of the map where this elevator is located in CAH mode {gametype 6}, so I don't include this value in either func_bobbing.)

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Its not a bug, the gametype key doesn't exist for func_bobbing entities; hence it not being listed in the .def file.

#3 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

My claim here is that the non-existence of a gametype key for any entity should qualify as a bug. In the most general sense, I make the claim that any entity problem that limits a mapper's ability to make things work should be considered a bug. Toward that end, I am putting together a comprehensive list of entity issues I have had to help these issues get fixed.

This post has been edited by redsnappa: 14 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942