Urban Terror Forums: Problems with Graphics - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Problems with Graphics Rate Topic: -----

Anyone who can help, please do. I'll try just about anything.

#1 User is offline   claytonofbricks7 Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

:mad: Alright, I'm not sure what's going on here but whenever I play a game of Urban Terror everything works fine. And then I try to set it to full screen mode. My first problem is it sets my laptop's brightness settings to as dim as they can be, which makes the game unplayable on anything darker than Ryhada, and there is no way for me to brighten my screen in game. I have tried switching from the game to my desktop and turning the brightness to full and then coming back, but that isn't working either. I have also tried deleting the config file, re-downloading and re-installing, and turning the brigtness up in Urban Terror itself. All to no avail.

My Second problem is that upon re-opening the game after playing it in full screen mode, I get the error message

The last time ioq3-urt ran, it didn't exit properly. This may be due to inappropriate video settings. Would you like to start with safe video settings?

If I pick yes it just takes the game and puts it into either an 800x600 window or the 640xwhatever window. If I pick no, it goes to full screen with whatever resolution I have set (I've tested with both 800x600 and 1024x786) and then when I exit the game, my monitors resolution becomes the same as whichever setting I was playing the game at, and I cannot change it back until I log out and log back in.

The second issue isn't as much of a problem as the first issue because I usually play before I go to bed and I shut down my computer imediately after anyway, but I really can't play the game with my monitors brightness so dim. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

For the resolution problem:
  • Open the file ~/.q3a/q3ut4/q3config.cfg in your text editor
  • Look for the line with r_mode, change it's value to 4 (800x600)

For the brightness problem:
Use the command line program "xgamma" to set a right brightness/gamma before starting Urban Terror. You could put that command in a shell script that start Urban Terror.
Like this example: http://openarena.ws/...g40226#msg40226

#3 User is offline   claytonofbricks7 Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

Well Nexu I really appreciate the effort but neither of your ideas worked. The problem with the resolution isn't that the game is changing resolutions, it's that, after closing Urban Terror, my monitor's resolution has gone down significantly (from 1280x800 down to 800x600).

As for the brightness, i just couldn't get it to work.

Don't know if it helps or matters but my system specs are

Linux Mint 12 on a MacBook 3,1
Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2.00GHz
1 GB ram

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know

#4 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

can you set UrT to run at the resolution that your monitor is set to? that works for most people
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#5 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

And then I try to set it to full screen mode.

You start the game in windowed mode and and then set it to full screen? Why don't you start the game in full screen mode?

View Postclaytonofbricks7, on 11 February 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Well Nexu I re ally appreciate the effort but neither of your ideas worked. The problem with the resolution isn't that the game is changing resolutions, it's that, after closing Urban Terror, my monitor's resolution has gone down significantly (from 1280x800 down to 800x600).

Why you want to play with 800x600 when your Desktop Resolution is 1280x800? You should set the ingame Resolution to the native Resolution of your Desktop.

and there is no way for me to brighten my screen in game

The ingame gamma slider does not respond in any way?
Or open the console and try

set r_gamma 1.7

As for the brightness, i just couldn't get it to work.

What does happen? Did you try xgamma without the game to?

Linux Mint 12 on a MacBook 3,1

Oo

Sounds more or less like a problem with the GMA X3100 driver.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

The last time ioq3-urt ran, it didn't exit properly. This may be due to inappropriate video settings. Would you like to start with safe video settings?

Using mitsus build always gives this errormessage, if the game isnt exited properly.
Except for the case when you picked a wrong resolution and cant start the game anymore, you always want to choose "no" here.

#7 User is offline   Silver Swords Icon

• Account: silverswords

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

what's your graphics card?
Smiles open many doors.

#8 User is offline   claytonofbricks7 Icon

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

The first time that I tried setting my graphics to my monitor resolution it didn't work, but I tried it again today (after doing who knows what) and it did work. :biggrin: My monitor still isn't at full brightness when I play but it has gotten brighter and the game is playable now. Thank you everyone for you help and suggestions!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942