Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server for a closed LAN Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mitchrapp Icon

• Account: mitchrapp

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

This question was originally raised a few years ago by me. Lan Party Server

I have never been able to solve this problem but it would still be very helpful.

We like Urban Terror for our LAN Parties and we would really like to run a dedicated server on Ubuntu. When I use a normal start up script such as

./ioUrTded.x86_64 +set fs_game q3ut4 +set dedicated 1 +set ip 192.168.0.109 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +exec server.cfg

I have 2 problems:

1. Even though I use +set dedicated 1 the server still looks for a master heartbeat. This slows down the time it takes the server to start and every time a new games begins you have to wait an extra 30-45 seconds for it to look for the servers. The servers can't be found because our LAN is not connected to the internet.

2. This server never shows up in the local server list on the client computers. If someone else on the LAN starts a server from inside a game it shows up on the list fine. The clients can connect by using the /connect command, but this is a pain and causes us to have to go from computer to computer showing them.

It would be awesome if someone could point me in a direction to solve this problem. It would make our LAN Parties go so much more smoothly.

TIA

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942