Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ventrilo (gsm codec) under linux Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_masamune

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:40 PM

maybe this is not the best forum for this question, but anyway,

did anyone figured out how to make ventrilo run under linux. well i have problems when i connect with ventrilo and program replys Unable to initialize outbound codec (GSM 6.10 - 11025Hz, 16 bit) Unable to find specified codec.

lp,j

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

i assume you are using wine?
if so, then google. the answer is out there. (need to copy some files from a windows install)

vent in wine sucks though and doesnt work properly (at least not for me).

#3 Guest_masamune

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:51 PM

i install ventrilo with cedega (winex). and i was looking on net with google but i cant find what files i have to copy.

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:52 PM

the answer is 'msgsm32.acm'. why dont you just wait for the linux client or use TS2?

#5 Guest_masamune

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:14 AM

i am waiting for linux version of ventrilo for about.... TOOO FU*#$%^ LONG! :evil: :evil: Anyway i use TS, but since all my teamm8s use windows and they prefere ventrilo... :?

thx 4 the answer about msgsm...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:25 AM

let us know if you suceed in running ventrilo in wine.

#7 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

i am waiting for linux version of ventrilo for about.... TOOO FU*#$%^ LONG! :evil: :evil: Anyway i use TS, but since all my teamm8s use windows and they prefere ventrilo... :?

thx 4 the answer about msgsm...

Tell your team mates how much fps gain they would get on linux and how much smoother the mouse respons is... ;)

#8 Guest_masamune

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:12 PM

Tell your team mates how much fps gain they would get on linux and how much smoother the mouse respons is... Wink

i am trying, but... :?

btw i found something interesting:
http://www.linuxques...004/11/1/251300

i was able to join and listen to my teamm8s. i just need some time to try something else/

#9 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:52 PM

listening only is fine...as long as you never send anything...then things get messed up and you gotta reconnect...that is the furthest i could get...

anyway...vent sucks...the linux version will never come...that flagship guy is just too stupid to let someone help him...he's like 'uhm, its my product....imma gonna do it all on myself...even if i dont know shit about mac/linux'

#10 Guest_masamune

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:45 PM

:( i guess u r right... this realy takes too long. 2 bad. we'll just have to go on TS2 again.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942