Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

latency weird problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi, i'm having a very weird problem with my connection, while playing UrT.

I have stable ping and 0 packet lost when playing in Jump servers (no matter is the server is in europe or in South america or how many people playing there)

http://i41.tinypic.com/24or143.jpg

But when i want to play in a "shots" server no matter if CTF, TS or Bomb, my ping becomes crazy and i start to lose packets (it's impossible to play) screenshot:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ccosa8.jpg

I cleaned all startup programs with the msconfig, i closed all connections not important to UrT with "PC tools firewall plus", and nothing has changed.

I really don't have a clue what can be happening, i recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7, i am using the same ISP i was using before, and the same config i was using before (cl_maxpackets 42, rate 25000)) both wich always did fine.

Any help or idea of what can be happening to me?

This post has been edited by BRAVO: 18 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

it could be a few things:

1) probably the server has a bad connection

2) you have a bad connection to that particular server or a specific country (outages in the country local to the server could cause you problems but another person may experience nothing)

3) your current setup cant handle numerous players firing guns and throwing nades etc (great networking usage and more cpu performance required).

possible things to check:

first off DELETE ALL - DEMOS, SCREENSHOTS, and CUSTOM MAPS from the game directory (back them up to a different folder if need be for now)
it may sound weird but this is actually what causes me issues with my game and FPS once I start to have more than a few maps i get crazy FPS and its repeatable too so I know their seems to be a link to number of maps/files and performance.

Windows 7 networking differs from XP: make sure your using a network cable not wireless for tests.

try a different DNS provider from your ISP: OpenDNS is a good one : 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

trying backing up your config and removing it to start with a fresh one on windows 7

run speedtest.net and pingtest.net to servers in the country the servers are located. for example if the server you play on is a USA server then a pingtest to UK will provide different results.

Test other servers from other countries: you can try connecting to mine - its dedicated and not home served so should have reliable connection based in the uk: /connect lilpwny.com

try other max_packet and rate settings - perhaps your internet cant handle these settings or ammount of updates from say 32 player server

try a server with less players? is the problem less intense?

try lowering graphics detail to see if this helps?

... just a few things I would try if i had the issue.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 18 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Thanks NITRO for your help, i did not try some of those things, i will try them and post here the results
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#4 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

NITRO thanks for your help, i did all things you say, there was not any problem with the game..., it was the SO.

I'm not a computer man and i don't know how, but win7 is shit..., i came back to Win XP and UrT is doing again all fine as always.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#5 User is offline   nightdriver Icon

• Account: nightdriver

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

was having that problem too , when i checked my config file i had 30 max packets couldn't play at all.. i increased it to 48 , and now im lag spike free...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942