• This topic is locked

Server-side demo recording Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostCourgette, on 21 May 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

OMG ! I'm so updating B3 right away to add the !recordstart <player> and !recordstop <player> commands

any chance to have builds for windows ?

you should also make a setting that can have b3 auto record a player the second they join with or without notice
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#12 User is offline   OHMEGA Icon

• Account: ohmega
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

You would need to constantly dump because it would take up ALOT of space.

#13 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer
  • Account: courgette
  • Main tag: [B3]

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

To prevent polluting this topic with B3 related stuff, I created another topic dedicated to what can be done on the B3 side to take advantage of the server-side demo recording.

#14 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

This is great, but I would like to point out that mission has made several improvements that I think the B3 author would find most useful and I don't think you've added. The features were added after he and I hashed out what would be needed from an automation standpoint to make use of it.

Come to think of it, he's made several other server commands and modifications that would be very useful after we spent quite a bit of time discussing useful commands. Specifically:

* Change multiple cvars in one fell swoop with one command remotely instead of one at a time

* Get the value of multiple cvars with one command without needing to get everything and the kitchen sink with cvarlist

* Feedback when you set a cvar instead of dead silence like the default which leaves you wondering whether the packet was dropped (i.e. no need to validate a cvar being set in automation with yet another rcon command)

Really, you should just add him as a dev (assuming he is interested). He's a coding beast.

If you have such a thing, add me as part of a think tank on ways to improve the server build for automation and such. It seems like 99.99% of the suggestions you get are from the players about the front-end as you would expect. I'm not sure how much you get from server admins discussing the back-end. I don't have my CCIE like evilelf, but I've poked and prodded at the server build more than most except perhaps the B3 author(s?).

#15 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Oh and one more thing -- the I/O if you record all on a large multi-server is not non-trivial. My estimates are ~4K per second per player. If you are running a box with multiple large servers, you should consider utilizing a RAM drive for this.

This post has been edited by Divinity: 21 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

thanks div, i do have alot of time i can spend to coding.
some other features were cvar sv_autodemo that would cause the server to automatically record a demo when the player joins the game. the ability to specify an optional demo name on startserverdemo command incase u need to know what its called specifically for automation purposes.etc..

anyways, appreciate the update Barbatos!

This post has been edited by Mission85: 21 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

#18 User is offline   OHMEGA Icon

• Account: ohmega
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

You should credit MadProfessor and Mission on your github.

#20 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

With the other improvements I mentioned to you?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942