• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jump Mode Notice Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostFredrik, on 28 May 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

What zenderstar suggested would be better for frame rate, no?

Using Windows Media Player and the keys on my keyboard don't give me any kind of drops in framerate.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#72 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

btw, does deathrun maps get a own mode too?

And, i cant understand why you cant die in jumpmaps, especially now when you have save/load....

#73 User is offline   guiltygun Icon

• Account: guiltygun

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

a lot of times i get stuck at certain jump and i have minimize urbanterror then search for the map on youtube to see how the jump works if there is an option inside urbanterror to watch a video tutorial for jumps without the need to search or ask others to show you how its done

and if there is an option to let new beginners watch a tutorial on how to jump and what keyboard keys they need to press to pass the map especially on New player servers

well done love the new ideas for jump mode keep up the good work urbanterror getting interesting more and more :)

This post has been edited by guiltygun: 30 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

#74 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

Call it Counter Strike & don't insult it more ;) .
At least will show to the console f...p(l)ayers the superiority of the mouse & keyboard .

View PostDriller, on 23 May 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

... And even better, a fragmode where all gore/war and so is replaced by something for all ages. If you kill someone, you dont kill but get a point. ...

For Jumpmode is not so bad idea , but else is stupid .
Because there is so much violence in Urban Terror , lol .
Do you know that even blood can be turned off ?
Urban Terror is too far away from the bloodiest games , no guts ,no muscles avaible , no other beautiful organs .
Why is Urban Terror supposed to be played in countries where absolutely every PC game is forbidden & Urban Terror would be the 1 to do the break through ?!
It is called modifying ?! Why FS should modify Urban Terror ?

View PostDriller, on 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

btw, does deathrun maps get a own mode too?

Why should every mindless mod be turned into official mode ?!
That's total bullshits .

Seems to me as kindergarden mode .
& even I don't see big point in it as it was described . Team Jumping for me is something like the Levant's ut4_jupiter the multi part - players must cooperate to advance further , which could be fun done right .

Senseless collecting points in games is one of the most overused irrational idea if not the most overused . It can better if there is given some reason to collect them other than just score & ranking . A bit less senseless will be to if there is given different type of gems/objects per level of difficulty - easy jump - 1 type - hard jump - other type (perhaps more degrees , just was giving example here).

Maybe can be realised round based teamjumping with some good purpose excluding that type of scoring above . Maybe depending which parts of the map/track can the of the teams reach/reach faster or similar conditions . Dynamic maps ( 3rd party mapper designed animations) .

As it was said Urban Terror is like BasketBall , so maybe after some shapeshifting of animation & the shape of the nades the nadethrows mechanics can be used (without the nade cooking , ballcooking = chance for taking the ball by opponent, well depends ...) + not traditional basketball terrain (different - mapmaker's/mapmakers'decision) , but
necessarily with two Baskets on poles with traditional shape & height (maybe a bit variation in height) . Will be good to have and kicking mechanic even if it does nodamage here .

Will be good to have and kicking mechanic even if it does nodamage in jumpmode/s .
And some shooting pattern (nades & nade launcher for example & their projectile's trajectory is different than the rest , maybe add & others ?) of weapons can be used (for example I have watched in youtube in some map till jumpimg shoot button to disable temporary an obstacle ) even if they should be with other models .

After it is not decided yet the problem of what the physics should looks like in Heavy Duty , maybe is early for some suggestions .

#75 User is offline   radmcbad Icon

• Account: radmcbad

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I really like the idea of team jump mode and I am sure many clans will be formed. Since, you said to post suggestions I will. A game of horse would be so cool in jump mode. Let me elaborate.

Say its a team game of 4 on 4 and they are playing uberjumps or something.

If anyone individual misses a jump the entire team is marked with an H and if they keep missing jumps it goes on until the entire team is marked with the word horse and disqualified.

Also.. maybe instead of disqualifying a team the person missing jumps is marked with letters and also disqualified when they miss too many jumps.

A completion of an easy jump might be 1 point, a medium jump 2 points, and a hard jump 3 points.

so if all 4 players on team red succeed at a hardjump the team will earn 12 points.

Missing a jump might also reduce something like a half of a point from the team.

Either way the team with the most successful jumps would have the most points at the end and win.

A team member who is loosing points for the team.. it might be better if they are disqualified... so the team doesn't lose any earned points... they can just keep racking them up.

I don't know if this idea works at all... but just a suggestion :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   Kris Icon

• Account: kris
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

We able to use this mode in devmap? That's if there is still going to be a devmap in urthd...

This post has been edited by Kris: 26 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942