Urban Terror Forums: UrT-serverside-demo-recording BigBrotherBot plugin - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UrT-serverside-demo-recording BigBrotherBot plugin Rate Topic: -----

discuss here ideas for a B3 plugin taking advantage of serverside demo

#1 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer
  • Account: courgette
  • Main tag: [B3]

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

As announced here, the ioUrTded server can record server-side demos. This topic if for discussing features you'd like to see in a BigBrotherBot plugin that would take advantage of this.

As a starter, the plugin will have two commands :

!startserverdemo <player name>
!stopserverdemo <player name>

to start / stop recording a demo for a given player.

Additionally, NITRO suggested adding a feature that would make this plugin able to record a demo of any joining player. We could also add, that we want this demo auto stop itself after a certain amount of time.

If you have other ideas for this plugin, please share !

Plugin project page : https://github.com/c...serverside-demo
Download : http://forum.bigbrot...a=view;down=200
Documentation : https://github.com/c...aster/README.md

This post has been edited by Courgette: 22 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

perhaps part of the plugin could also control the predefined demo folder and delete demos over a certain age (configurable).

I am in the process of getting this to work on rambetters version and would like to set a fairly large portion of my storage hard drive on the server to do this so that perhaps i can keep a demo for every player (upto 32 players?) for upto 7 days? (any idea on storage requirements?)

this way if a player reports another player hacking I will have 7 days worth of demos for each time that player connected rather than just going by one demo in one circumstance, multiple demo could be reviewed for a more concise agreement between members/admins. it would also help admins should they miss a cheater they can always back date their reviews.

p.s. as for storage arrangements I am guessing somethign along the lines of

32(players) x 24(hours) x 7(days) x [X](demo file size per hour?) = ??

I have over 500GB storage space to spare for this so I would like too know if that will do or not

edit: a quick calc shows that if the file size is 100MB per hour then 525GB would be the worse case scenario for the demo folder.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 21 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

My estimates are 4kb per second per player.

32 players x 4kbps x 60 seconds per minute x 60 minutes per hour x 24 hours per day = 10.8GB per day

Keep in mind that's for a full server, but you can expect about 337.5MB per day per player, so multiply the average number of players you have per day by that to see your storage requirements.

#4 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

version 1.0 of the B3 plugin available.
  • It brings two commands : !startserverdemo and !stopserverdemo
  • Everytime a demo is started, you will find in the B3 log a INFO line with the demo file name, the player name, the player ip and the player guid.
  • If you use the command !startserverdemo all command, then every connecting player will also be recorded.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   looza Icon

• Account: looza
  • Main tag: gXS.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

YaY! I installed & tested that on my servers.
Works very well :)
I think this will be very useful for me, so no need to spect cheaters all the time, just record while playing, thats nice :)

Additionally, NITRO suggested adding a feature that would make this plugin able to record a demo of any joining player. We could also add, that we want this demo auto stop itself after a certain amount of time.

is this feature available already?
would be cool to record a player every time he connect automatic :)

This post has been edited by looza: 26 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

#7 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

yes it is. Just type
!startserverdemo all

Next version (1.1) will be able to talk to my haxbusterurt plugin if you have it installed. As such if the haxbusterurt plugin suspects a player of cheating, the userserversidedemo plugin will start a demo automatically.

#8 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostRaideR, on 23 May 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

You will want to watch your server iops with this. I can see it being fairly evil. If you have a SSD or RAM Drive on your server i suggest using it for the "to record to" location. OVH Servers these days come with 1TB of redundant space, so space is not so much an issue if that is your host.

What would be inteesting is if a "Big is server" reports there HD Usage over a week or so, so we can recommend server specs based on it "ISH".

I am working on getting the server side demos working with rambetter's other patches, once I have it setup I will be looking to test 24/7 recording on my 32 slot server.

my server has a 640GB western digital scorpio black drive that is currently not being used so I might aswell put it to the test. the server also has a 50k IOPS 60GB SSD but i reserve this for the servers themself for things such as server logs, hit logs and b3.

I will update people on my finding once i get it up and running.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 28 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#9 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

*please remove (double post)*

This post has been edited by NITRO: 28 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

#10 User is offline   Derfull Icon

• Account: derfull
  • Main tag: |U`u|

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Another idea, merge your haxbuster plugin to it, in order to auto-record suspicious guys ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942