Urban Terror Forums: GTK Radiant is back under Active development! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GTK Radiant is back under Active development! Rate Topic: -----

Thanky you TTimo

#11 User is offline   TTimo Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: ttimo

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Updated GtkRadiant 1.6.3 binaries are available:

https://s3.amazonaws....6-20120715.zip
https://s3.amazonaws...20120715.tar.gz
https://s3.amazonaws...20120715.tar.gz

The UrT gamepack uses a version of q3map2 optimized for UrT. The BSP menu has the custom switches that the new q3map2 provides.

Feedback, in decreasing order of preference:
- https://github.com/T...Radiant/issues/
- #urbanmappers on QuakeNet
- this thread

#12 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

Will there be a new mac version of radiant available? Right now I'm using Netradiant, which is fine, but I just wanted to know if the latest GTKradiant would be available, because the mac intel version of gtk doesn't instal properly :/

#13 User is offline   TTimo Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I am not planning to work on an OSX version of GtkRadiant at this time. Just doesn't seem like a great time investment for the number of potential users.

If we get to a bit of a headcount of how many people would use it, we could reconsider though. I am not sure what the easiest way to achieve this would be. I suppose using macports could be a possibility.

#14 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 30 May 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Just to put it out there, and if not done already, it would be nice to see GTK become more install friendly. It does take a fair amount of work to get things set up and the ideal would be if someone who has never used GTK could install, make their first room, and be running around in it in just a few hours.

I think it is pretty much there already. I followed KroniK's tutorials for icy mapping and with his advice the setup was easy. I do think you need a tutorial as a guide though, just to cover basic points such as using a clean install, which folder to use as the base folder etc.

Here are the tutorials if anyone needs them. They aren't too hard to adapt to standard mapping. They demonstrate using someone else's shaders and textures rather than making your own, but otherwise I think they cover setup and other basics quite well.

#15 User is offline   banksy Icon

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Well is it possible to make 1.6 available to mac through the use of Xquartz?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   TTimo Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

It's not possible without a developer committing to do the initial work and the maintenance moving forward. My plate is full, and while it's something I'd like to see happen, I won't commit to it at this time. If you gather enough level designers who would use an OSX version, and/or find a qualified programmer to do the legwork on this, the situation may change.

To help out, I've opened this task: https://github.com/T...diant/issues/90 .. sign yourself up.

#17 User is offline   banksy Icon

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

ingar (a developer od Tremulous/Unvanquished) ported 1.5 onto mac (NetRadiant) through Xquartz and Xcode. I guess I could talk to him about doing the same for 1.6

Thanks btw

#18 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

View Postbanksy, on 18 July 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

ingar (a developer od Tremulous/Unvanquished) ported 1.5 onto mac (NetRadiant) through Xquartz and Xcode. I guess I could talk to him about doing the same for 1.6

Thanks btw

I would use MacRadiant as i am a mapper, i only have a PowerPC mac though as i'm rather poor and can't afford an intel yet...
...So i have to stick with what i have, i use the MacRadiant release from redsaurus at the moment and it's not difficult to set up for UrT but i wish their was a .game file for UrT with it.

#20 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hey, I have no idea if you guys take suggestions, but I recently tried 1.6.3 and I noticed a bit of lags in the 3d view. I also wonder why we cannot move a brush anymore with the axis tool, I know we can just hover our mouse over the brush to move it but I am kinda used to it :/. I also didn't like the fact that we have to click on each view to play with them (zoom in/out). There's also how we choose the texture directory that I didn't like really much.. Unless we can load more than one folder at once that's alright!

however I really liked 'thicken patch' tool that you guys brought back, it makes life a lot more easier! I also like the wireframe in the 3d view, unless this is the thing that is making me lag I find that very useful. And of course the rotating tool.. it's by far better.

Thanks

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942