• This topic is locked

Eagle glitch - secret room Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Another member of my clan found someone doing this:
Secret room glitch demo
My best explanation, maybe someone can add to this:
At the level of the water in the tunnel, two patch meshes meet. The problem with patch meshes is that they are one-sided. If you mean for an object made of patch meshes to be solid, you must first construct the object, then copy it and invert the normals to make the object solid on both "sides". Alternately, you can surround such an object with brushes textured with common/clip. From having decompiled Eagle to study it, I can tell you that Masheen did not do this when he made the underwater tunnel on Eagle. The combination of having this "crack" in the structure of the pipe and the automatic upward movement of surfacing out of water allows for this glitch to occur. Once a player is in the glitch, the unfair advantage comes because the patch mesh is solid for a player inside the pipe but non-solid for a player outside the pipe.

#2 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Im gonna try it!

#3 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

This is a map related issue and is up to the server admins to take any corrective action if they see fit.

That being said, I "HIGHLY" doubt any admin would like kindly upon this and is likely to earn the individual an INSTA-PERMA-BAN and a first class ticket to the hall of shame.

Who knows though, just like the Eagles Nest "glitch", some may take corrective actions whilst others ignore it deeming it part of the map.

As for correcting the map, I do not believe that member is active any longer. Though patch meshes are one sided.. they can also be encased with a weapon clip, or just clip off altogether.. which ever.

#4 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

At LCDLC (my clan), we have decided to warn, then slap, then kick, then ban people who insist on exploiting this glitch. This is meant more as a caution to aspiring mappers to watch for these sorts of bugs.

#5 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

At |WC|, we are tempbanning first-time offenders and permbanning repeat offenders using this glitch to kill people. This is an abuse of players and it's unfortunate that it's becoming a more prevalent problem, with some players even showing others how to do it.
I wish Masheen would have been around to actually go and fix the Eagle's nest invisible wall glitch and this tunnel glitch for 4.1.
(edit)

This post has been edited by Father Goose: 25 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostFather Goose, on 25 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I wish Masheen would have been around to fix the Eagle's nest invisible wall glitch and this tunnel glitch.

He was here a week ago or so.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942