Server log search scripting Rate Topic: -----

going through the logs to pull data

#11 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostUrT-NiceGuy, on 07 July 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I've updated my computer and there are not anymore available and I'm still getting the error.

.net framework is usually under the "optional" updates section in windows update can you double check there please, thank
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#12 User is offline   UrT-NiceGuy Icon

• Account: urtniceguy

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I did, what I had to do was download the specific file the error said was missing and extract it to the folder with the .exe Now it works perfectly, thanks Nitro

#13 User is offline   Kritya Icon

• Account: kritya
  • Main tag: -VRz-

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

I have a php script running on console.

If you still need it contact me in pm i will give you the details and how to start it etc

#14 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

question, so how did u need the output formatted?
<name> <ip> <guid>
or like log format
\name\<name>\ip\<ip>\cl_guid\<guid>
or just the log line it self so that the output file would only contain those log lines?

EDIT: also how will the program interact with the files? you specifiy a directory or are they going to be on an ftp? as my idea was just to make a program that will parse all log files within a directory next to the executed application. like, C:\Parser\parser.exe, and C:\Parser\logs is where the logs to be parsed would be and outputted to C:\Parser\parsed?(parser is just an example directory doesnt have to be that :))

EDIT2: im am clearly blind, as it seems you figured it out already lol. I must have read your post incorrectly above.

This post has been edited by Mission85: 13 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

#15 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Another option too.. Although a very simplistic option... I created some software within MS Excel (Which does requie Microsoft Excel). It handles single search parameters. For instance, if you want to find all instances of the ip (example only) 80.80.80.80, you would type in that ip address and the script would output all results by line that contained that ip parameter. nothing more. Nothing less. It takes advantage of Excels spreadsheet layout while utilizing VBA and OS-resident functions to parse and output results of search in ANY file.

Anyone is welcomed to download it. Though newer provisions will be made and adapted with a new URsTats API (via PHP), this one may be just enough to gather data you need. It is not limited to filetype, therefor you can use it with any text file such as URT/quake logs or apache web server logs etc.. It's quick way to extrapolate ONLY the data you need.

it can be downloaded here: http://software.alph...management&m=Go

This also comes with a batch file extension renaming utility which also takes advantage of VBA and OS specific environment functions. This will rename ALL files to one extension in a specified directory. But that's just extra..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942