Urban Terror Forums: Game Cannot Get Server List And Maps Wont Download - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Game Cannot Get Server List And Maps Wont Download Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lenz Icon

• Account: lenz

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

I cannot figure out why maps wont download but after a TON of work i got the server list to load again finally... Read on if you need info on getting your server list to download again - or reply if you know why maps wont download.

MY CONFIG: Quad Core i7 MacBook Pro 2.0mhz- 16g ram /500g hd

Ok so I have been playing UT since Ramelle was was known as Romel (Long time) and every once in a while it gets so it wont launch or if it does it wont find the master server. So here are the steps I had to take to find the cfg file and the map files in osx 10.7 lion. In Lion with the default install there is a Urban Terror folder, where the game itselft is stored, in the...

/Applications/Urban Terror

But the application data is stored in the users personal folder under library...

/users/username/Library/Application\ Support/Quake3/q3ut4/

BUT this directory and its files are not visible - odds are that if your UT wont load the server list OR your game crashes on start its a problem with the files in this directory. You will likely need to trash the q3config.cfg and reload your settings to get the server list. If your game is crashing - look for maps that have no size or just trash the latest maps you have downloaded - it is likely that they did not completely download and are bringing the house down... Follow these instructions to make the directory and its files visible.

1. Open Finder
2. Open the Utilities folder
3. Open a terminal window
4. Copy and paste the following line in:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
5. Press return
6. Now hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right click on the Finder icon
7. Click on Relaunch

You should find you will now be able to see any hidden files or folders. One you are done, performing the steps above however, replace the terminal command in step 4 with to restore the default visibility options in Lion:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

Good luck AND if you know why my maps are not downloading all of a sudden let me know-it just gives the server name and says it can find the server but i can go there and manually download the maps in chrome! Gar!

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

Try this for your mac:

View PostOlympicSmoker, on 15 December 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

I guess you're on a mac
"The easy way to fix this on a Mac is to add the following line to the end of your autoexec.cfg (Urban Terror/q3ut4/autoexec.cfg)
seta cl_cURLLib libcurl.dylib

This NEEDS to be in autoexec'd, not just executed, because this value is reset to a Windows dll every time the client is started (Reason unknown, maybe custom cfgs?)"

Source here

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942