Urban Terror Forums: Complete n00b needs help - [Related to Server setup] - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Complete n00b needs help - [Related to Server setup] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   derozio Icon

• Account: derozio

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

Alright guys, first of all, hello. I'm new here. New to UT, in fact. Anyway, I'm someone who has never tried playing any game online except halo custom edition. The way server was set up and run was very easy in it. But I don't know if setting up a new server and playing with just a bunch of friends will be as easy in UT. I mean, whenever I try to find servers in-game, the game returns 'no server list from master server'. I'm not sure even if I setup a server in-game, my friends will be able to view it in the server list and join.

So yeah, I'm a complete n00b and I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me a way to get this thing to work. I'm running Windows 7, Dual Core 1.6 Ghz, Nvidia Gt 440 with 3 GB ram, if that matters. :P

#2 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Best thing for you is to wait a week, on 3 augustus there will be a releases of the next urbanterror version, urt_4.2.
I suggest that you download urbanterror again, and the correct version urbanterror_4.2 and not urbanterror_HD, a few days after 3 augustus. Then there will be some servers which run 4.2.
If you downloaded urtHD then you wont find servers since its a alpha/dev version. For time being you can download and play urbanterror_4.1.1, see downloadpage. But u can also wait a week.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postderozio, on 29 July 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

I mean, whenever I try to find servers in-game, the game returns 'no server list from master server'.

Thats propably because you haven't set the new master server.
Just do the following in console:
seta cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

If this does not help i recommend checking your firewall settings. You will propably have to review them anyway to get your server online (visible on the internet)

View Postderozio, on 29 July 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

I'm not sure even if I setup a server in-game, my friends will be able to view it in the server list and join.

They will, if you set the 'dedicated' to Internet (or whatever it is called. just not LAN or No)

Though i would recommend running the ioUrbanterrorded.exe

Check out the server setup maual here

Hope i could help.

Greetz
Iye
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942