• You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with the new hit system... Rate Topic: -----

read the title

#11 User is offline   Fokker Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: fokker
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

I love the new hit detection. Finally I can hit peeps the way I used to back in the 3.x days.

#13 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

• Account: hydr0

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 August 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

The rule if no demo it did not happen. Sorry.

My link

look at no hits at warsong 6:17 into the demo, crosshair is dead on. Players that I know tell me they get weird hits in 4.2 overall as well.

#14 User is offline   attackxie Icon

• Account: attackxie

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

we been over this frankyV Demos will not cut it you need live video
and the fix for keeping 42/41 in the same folder is simple
create a folder named q3ut42 < this should have been done with the release of 4.2
move the Pk3s for 4.2 into that folder
create a batch file to rename the folders before launching something like
ren q3ut4 q3ut4.off
ren q3ut42 q3ut4
start iourbanterror42.exe
you could get fancy and make it check to see if the process is still running and when its not rename the folders back
4.1 pk3s are named
zpak001 zpak002 ect ect
4.2 are named ZUrT001 0002 ect ect
A b c d e f g h i j L l m n o P q R s TUv wx y n Z
to so the 4.2 packs should be loaded last and if the server is sv_pure it will not matter either-way unless the server op makes the mistake of installing both sets of pk3s
and I would really like to play a game with frankyV in both 4.1.1 and 4.2 just to make a point
the only time it could conflict is if there was assets with the same name in the pk3 struc and sv_pure wasn't working

This post has been edited by attackxie: 08 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

#15 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hit detection works great for me. This largely compensate all the existing bugs. On 4.1.1 I was used to empty a G36 clip on a walking player without kill him. Now, when head is aimed, two shots are enough. My skill seems improved 80% Posted Image

This post has been edited by lebbra: 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

To avoid a further embarrassment in the pubs and get used to the new hit detection system I spent some time today playing UrT4.2 with bots. It was FFA on Algiers against five bots on my local server, basically 0 ping. Let me tell you, the bots were moonwalking better than Michael Jackson. :wink: Anyhow, the headshots were harder to get and even the bots had trouble hitting. On a few occasions they missed me from almost a point blank, which I don't remember happening in 4.1.

For people interested in running bots, I had no trouble with server crashing. Played for around half an hour without a crash. Running UrT4.2 on my other Linux system with PCLinuxOS64 LXDE Mini.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942