• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

issues: Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   attackxie Icon

• Account: attackxie

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

issues so far
1. player-model animations are .... retarded there way to twitchy/lots of crab-walking and other anomaly's and it makes the target hard to track sorry frankyv throw em out and start over they fail HARD

2. grenade explosion fx ... not even close to being timed correctly the "explosion flash" plays AFTER THE sound .... and the effect is ugly to boot looks like someone pasted a image on my screen every-time the explosion effect plays ... distracting and not in a good way ...

3. Possibly related to the animations but the bandaging takes way longer then it should now ...
at this point its pretty unplayable because the animations are so bad

Client Issues:
\rate is now defaulted to 3000 that's way to low before it was 8000 it should default to at least 10000 (people do not change there networking cvars ever ....) < if people are having worse hits change this and the one below
\cl_maxpackets is defaulted to 30 .. should be set to 60 now that I see you unlocked the cvar's it doesn not use that much more bandwith at 10000/60
\cl_packetdup is still locked at 1 .... overhead is bad Mmmk

Codebase for the shipping engine is way old most of the base is from 2007 and lacks many fixes/features from upstream ioquake particularly of issue is the input system is different now and there are reports of weirdness no in_raw or dma both are opensrc both should have been included
server issues:
1.sv_fps still locked at 20 .... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg
2. logs do not truncate correctly
3.client info is borked up

and lastly the vaunted auth system has a few critical security bugs that could allow a attacker to run programs and commands on a target machine these need to be fixed Right away for now I suggest people completely disable auth to avoid having there machines messed with
Urt has had some rough releases before but this should have never seen the light of day if it was this badly broken especially with the aforementioned security bugs if you want info on the exploits you may contact me via pm and ill will provide a link to more info

This post has been edited by attackxie: 05 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

#3 User is offline   attackxie Icon

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 August 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Thanks Attackxie for the bug reports. I have logged the default rate in our bug tracker. The default.cfg is set on 8000 so that is what would be set for new people in game. We will look at the other items as soon as we can.

90% of people that still play 4.1 have there network settings on the defaults and there set to low so part of the issue with the hits is getting people to up there settings so it needs to default to something saner
ill have a poc for you guys of the security exploits later this week maby

#4 User is offline   tRuE Icon

• Account: true
  • Main tag: --@

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

I.M.O - Player Model Animations were perfect in 4.1
Maybe those model animations with all the new updated and a couple of foot updates would be good!
[18:33] <+keekee> give it to me

#5 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm ok with the animations, it's just running posture that's weird.

They should be leaning forward more when they move forward.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tRuE Icon

• Account: true
  • Main tag: --@

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

the 4.1 animations look more up to date. In 4.2 The animations look like they went back in to the older versions of urt. Even the way they stand and how they hold the weapon. I just think the 4.1 animations are nicer.
[18:33] <+keekee> give it to me

#7 User is offline   attackxie Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

yea the animations tend to look like everyone is playing a game of limbo

#8 User is offline   Danny6167 Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: danny6167
  • Main tag: [EH]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

View Postvoidref, on 06 August 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

I'm ok with the animations, it's just running posture that's weird.They should be leaning forward more when they move forward.

^ this

#9 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Postattackxie, on 05 August 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

1. player-model animations are .... retarded there way to twitchy/lots of crab-walking and other anomaly's and it makes the target hard to track sorry frankyv throw em out and start over they fail HARD

sign, moving is bit strange. it realy looks like limbo so it's very hard to hit people while they walk and it looks like all people are handycapped i wonder they don't fall over their legs.

This post has been edited by Knightork: 06 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

#10 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

the animations are horrible, fix them please.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942