Urban Terror Forums: can't load any maps, hunk allocation failed - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

can't load any maps, hunk allocation failed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   quit Icon

• Account: quit

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi all,

I've just fired up urt 4.2 for the first time; to my surprise, I can't load any map -- using either the \map or \devmap commands nor the 'new server' menu. after loading the map geometry, urt refuses to go any further and prints the following:

ERROR: Hunk_Alloc failed on X

where X is arbitrary. The same happens on any map I tested, from ut4_eagle to ut4_dressingroom.

This is on debian unstable, i386 (with a 64-bit kernel if that makes any difference.) I'm using the radeon drm/mesa driver; the same issue occurs on both debian's 8.0.4 and git master, and with the software rasterizer --- so I guess the issue is not graphics related. I've taken a complete log but it doesn't say anything suspicious, except the above error message, to my untrained eyes.

Let me know if you need more info.

Edit: forgot to say that 4.1.1 works fine on the same machine (except for gamma not working.)

This post has been edited by quit: 06 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

#3 User is offline   quit Icon

• Account: quit

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 06 August 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Check the cvar com_hunkmegs, it should be defaulted to 512. You've probably taken your config from 4.1 which has the default value set to 256.

Bingo. :-)

Works like a charm now, thanks. I'll set a new fs_homepath for 4.2 so the configs will be kept separate.

The new maps look awesome, btw.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942