Urban Terror Forums: start-stop-daemon causes high cpu usage - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

start-stop-daemon causes high cpu usage Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   elpengo Icon

• Account: elpengo
  • Main tag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hello,

when I use start-stop-daemon to manage UrbanTerror 4.2 Ded on my debian squeeze x86_64, the urt4.2 process uses near 100% CPU for 1 core (I did not have this issue with 4.1.1- versions).

Full command done via an init.d script :
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --chuid urt:urt  --pidfile /var/run/urbanterror/urt.pid --background --make-pidfile  --oknodo --startas /usr/local/games/urbanterror42/Quake3-UrT-Ded.i386  --chdir  /usr/local/games/urbanterror42 -- +set fs_game q3ut4 +set  dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 256 +exec  server_urt.cfg

The problem occurs on both i386 and x86_64 (I use 2.6.32-5-amd64 default debian kernel) but doesn't occur if --background is not present.

The most weird thing is I dont have this issue if i start the ded binary via screen or via shell.

Does anybody (specially multi server hosts) have this issue too and have you been able to fix it ?

An other issue is that many people joining the server have seen their guid changed (vs 4.1) althought their qkey haven't changed. I've added "4.2" to my server name but I dont think it affects guid generation.

Edit:
When i read www.urban-terror.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16499&start=15, it seems Barbatos has patched the issue on the official 4.1 build... but does the patch has been supplied to 4.2branch ? It seems not.

This post has been edited by elpengo: 07 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942