Urban Terror Forums: running bots - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

running bots Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   doublejforce Icon

• Account: doublejforce

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

When I want to start a server can I run bots on all standard lvls/maps?

#2 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

I was playing in Algiers on a 4.2 server, 64 slots and a whole bunch of bots. Its possible and allowed i think...

#3 User is offline   Doe.TwainColts Icon

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

They are still ok for TDM with

ut4_algiers
ut4_riyadh
ut4_abbey
ut4_sanc
and the new ut4_bohemia
(tested with 4.2)

I assume
ut4_austria
ut4_dressingroom
should be working too (ok in 4.1, untested in 4.2)

bots sleep in spawn in TDM with

ut4_ramelle
ut4_mandolin
ut4_toxic
ut4_prague
ut4_uptown

you would try the above maps in differente mode, e.g. T.Surv or Free4all.

regards.

This post has been edited by Doe.Twaincolts: 07 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

#4 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostDoe.Twaincolts, on 07 August 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

They are still ok for TDM with

ut4_algiers
ut4_riyadh
ut4_abbey
ut4_sanc
and the new ut4_bohemia
(tested with 4.2)

I assume
ut4_austria
ut4_dressingroom
should be working too (ok in 4.1, untested in 4.2)

bots sleep in spawn in TDM with

ut4_ramelle
ut4_mandolin
ut4_toxic
ut4_prague
ut4_uptown

you would try the above maps in differente mode, e.g. T.Surv or Free4all.

regards.

There are lots of reasons why bots stand still. Chiefly, there is a problem with func_wall entities and the treatment of that particular entity in the stanard .aas generator. The bots in certain gametypes think the func_walls are still present even when they are not. I discovered this by working with 4.1 on Algiers. By the Well area the bots were spawning right next to a func_wall that was not present, but the .aas file still showed the func_wall remained. This is a very simple, perhaps less than 20 minute coding fix. Another example is on Kingdom for TDM where the bots move in a circle because they are surrounded by two walls and two func_walls. They have no objective and no place to go, so they spin then aim, then spin then aim, endlessly.

The less-than-20-minute coding fix may never happen because bot changes, even simple ones, have never been a priority here. There is an alternative fix but it is not recommended. The alternative is to edit the .aas generator to ignore func_walls, then compile your own .aas file and use that exclusively on specific gametypes for specific maps. Of course, you then have to create a .pk3 that will load your custom .aas file instead of the one that comes with the game. It becomes a server-side .aas that most players will not have to download (but some builds, Mitsu for example, will force you as the client to download the server-side .pk3).

There are other more complex methods to solving the bot issue. For example, there is the "fixaas" method, but that involves stripping everything out of a .map file then compiling it, then making a new .aas file, then merging it with the .bsp you want to use, and then finally going back to forcing the server to load your .aas instead of the default one that came with the game. This is a much better fix. Specific information about how to do this complicated method is available at Q3World: http://www.quake3wor...pic.php?t=31963

I wasted about 3 years working on bot development, repairs, and other stuff. With access to the 5 year-old source code I could have made these repairs in less than two months. Of course I would have taken it to the extreme. Instead I spent thousands of dollars trying to work around closed source. I wanted bots that would heal players, act as jump buddies on jump servers (show you how to make the jump [special scripted way points would have been used]), actually follow directions, jump off walls like other players, and do a variety of things.

This post has been edited by Ronaldlee: 07 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

#5 User is offline   ricard0 Icon

• Account: ricard0
  • Main tag: {SL}

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi... i am new here, i have a doubot. I have created a server with bots in TDM, but too i want to create a server of FFA but i dont know how to add bots in FFA

This is the server: http://www.gametrack...4.50.170:27960/

Ammm too, i dont understand about the Authentication System... where can i look for information...

Sorry for my bad english...

This post has been edited by ricard0: 04 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942