Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Script Idea! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xSureshotBx Icon

• Account: xsureshotbx

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

So, the other day I had an idea for a new script. Why not have a button to cycle through multiple banks of radio commands? This way, instead of having 10 buttons bound to radio commands I could have 6. (The cycle button and 5 buttons for radio commands) I'm not entirely sure on how I should go about writing this script, as I've messed around with it a bit to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

#3 User is offline   TigerBeauty Icon

• Account: tigerbeauty
  • Main tag: oK|

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

you can do something like this, which only takes 2 buttons, 1 button to choose your radio cmd, the other 1 to broadcast the radio cmd.
Question is tho if you can cycle fast enough to get to the right 1 if you put in too much radio cmd's
You can make this cycle as long as you want ofc, but I would say to put only the important radio's in here ( not the ones in the example :P)

Some1 posted a script about cycle/connect to diff servers, but with some edits, you can use it for a lot of things. servers, aliases, weapon setup, radio etc etc.

set choose_radio1 "ut_echo ^2radio1: ^7[hiiii] ; set choose_radio vstr choose_radio2 ; set set_radio "ut_radio 6 6 ^6Hi ^7Hallo ^1Hello ^4Tjena ^5Bonjour ^3Ola"
set choose_radio2 "ut_echo ^2radio2: ^7[cheers] ; set choose_radio vstr choose_radio3 ; set set_radio "ut_radio 3 9 ^4Holding ^6BEER!!!"
set choose_radio3 "ut_echo ^2radio3: ^7[tnx] ; set choose_radio vstr choose_radio1 ; set set_radio "ut_radio 9 9 ^4 Thanks!! ^6<3 ^6<3"

set choose_radio "vstr choose_radio1"
set set_radio "ut_echo "^lradio: ^0[^1Choose radio first!^0]"
bind HOME "vstr choose_radio" // choose your radio
bind PGUP "vstr set_radio" // broadcast radio

This post has been edited by TigerBeauty: 09 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Caffeine and Nicotine, the main ingredients required to produce socially acceptable behavior in me and some alcohol to undo it all

[IMG]http://i17.photobuck...40964-klein.jpg[/IMG]

#4 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I would like to be able to bind the radio selection box to my mouse, then scroll through them with mouse3, rather than having to go through keys (would be a lot faster in heated battles)

#5 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Nexu did something similar.
you can download his config from UZ.
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   TigerBeauty Icon

• Account: tigerbeauty
  • Main tag: oK|

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postbanksy, on 09 August 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

I would like to be able to bind the radio selection box to my mouse, then scroll through them with mouse3, rather than having to go through keys (would be a lot faster in heated battles)

Well every key on the keyboard can be binded to the mouse, so that shouldn't be a problem.
But yeah... I dont use this script myself, cuz I find it faster to just hit the key I need.

Im a total noob when it comes to scipting, but figured I just edit my server script into a radio script to give an idea :smile:
Caffeine and Nicotine, the main ingredients required to produce socially acceptable behavior in me and some alcohol to undo it all

[IMG]http://i17.photobuck...40964-klein.jpg[/IMG]

#7 User is offline   xSureshotBx Icon

• Account: xsureshotbx

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Wow! This thread really came alive overnight (for me at least)! Well, I realized that I had totally derped out and forgotten that I could just write the script like this:

Autoexec.cfg:
exec RadioBank1.cfg //Sets me to my first radio bank whenever I start Urban Terror.

RadioBank1.cfg:
bind f1 "ut_radio 1 1 ^1Affirm^4ative"
bind f2 "ut_radio 3 3 ^1Requesting ^4medic. ^1Status: ^4$health"
bind f3 "ut_radio 2 6 ^1I ^4need ^1some ^4help ^1at ^4$location! ^1$health"
bind f4 "ut_radio 9 9 ^1Tha^4nks!"
bind f5 "ut_radio 9 4 ^1Sorry!"
ut_echo ^1Bank One //Tells me that I've switched to Bank One.
bind v "exec RadioBank2.cfg" //Makes it so that whenever I hit "v" it will switch me to my second radio bank.

RadioBank2.cfg:
bind f1 "ut_radio 1 2 ^1Nega^4tive"
bind f2 "ut_radio 1 6 ^1Okay, ^4I'm ^1on ^4the ^1way."
bind f3 "ut_radio 1 7 ^1I'm ^4with ^1you, ^4don't ^1worry."
bind f4 "ut_radio 9 6 ^1No ^4Problem"
bind f5 "ut_radio 9 8 ^1What ^4was ^1that ^4about?"
ut_echo ^4Bank Two
bind v "exec RadioBank1.cfg" //Makes it so that whenever I hit "v" it will switch me to my first radio bank.

So as you can see, instead of having my radio commands bound to say: f1-f10, I now have them all bound to f1-f5. If I want to radio in "negative", then I just hit v and f1, and then hit v again.

@TigerBeaty That's really interesting that you could change that script back to cycling through servers. Not that I'd have much use for it, but it's cool that it can be scripted so concisely.

@Lebbra Yeah, I got the idea from Nexu. Last time I checked it wouldn't let me download his config though. Besides, it's usually more fun to figure things out on my own.(provided others help if I'm totally stuck)

Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942