• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After Release Party Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 14 August 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

any release date yet?

4.2. servers are just so fuckin sad and empty... (europe speaking here) ...

so .. how about it .. ? still hiding your heads in the sand?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#23 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

i am aware you advertised 4.2 and released a 4.2 beta which pissed off quite a few players .. i wasn't asking for an explanation why the game might not work if installed in the same folder but wanted to know if there is a timeframe for the release of 4.2.1 or 4.2.1. beta or whatever it's gonna called or gonna be .. maybe you can give us an exact date ..maybe take a wild guess... maybe you don't know at all ... some sort of answer or the attempt to answer would be appreciated

#24 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

i am aware you advertised 4.2 and released a 4.2 beta which pissed off quite a few players .. i wasn't asking for an explanation why the game might not work if installed in the same folder but wanted to know if there is a timeframe for the release of 4.2.1 or 4.2.1. beta or whatever it's gonna called or gonna be .. maybe you can give us an exact date ..maybe take a wild guess... maybe you don't know at all ... some sort of answer or the attempt to answer would be appreciated

The whole game should be considered to be in a state of perpetual beta until the developers specify otherwise.

Yes, it is annoying to have the community split into 4.1 and 4.2, but that has more to do with people spending 10 minutes in 4.2 and then ragequitting than the developers not fixing stuff. And yes, I'm aware that with the current bugs 4.2 is not yet suited for league play, which is a big reason why it's not widely adopted and 4.1 abandoned, however the promised fixes (or at least the most important ones, like those relating to server crashes and exploitable bugs like crouch animations) should come before leagues start, I guess/hope.

On another note, I'm seeing several active servers in 4.2 almost every evening. Not as many as there are for 4.1, but there are choices.

#25 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Would FS consider releasing a partial fix soon, and another one in a couple of weeks ?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 16 August 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

A pack with a lot of bugfixes (including the server crash fix) is currently being tested by the team. We'll release it as soon as possible - it means in (one or) a few days. Thanks for your patience.

Great news!

Thanks for the effort! :)

#28 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

A pack with a lot of bugfixes (including the server crash fix) is currently being tested by the team. We'll release it as soon as possible - it means in (one or) a few days. Thanks for your patience.

oh wow .. i thought you guys might keep the radio silence on the next release date because you ran into major trouble .. but a few days sounds great ... thanks for your reply...

#29 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have about 10 servers to convert from 4.1 to 4.2, which I intend to do once I see that 4.2 is stable enough to avoid crashing many times per day.

#30 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Good news, as expected a fast update: dont forget to tell us when we can wait on irc, and make new memes -)
not to early!

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942