• You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble Updating Urt 4.1 Rate Topic: -----

I am having big trouble. Help

#1 User is offline   pow1234 Icon

• Account: pow1234

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hi

Recently i've been trying to update Urt, but the updater wont update,

it says this, "Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.
You can ask for help on the official website"
but i can still say "cancel" and get on the updater and update the files. i wait for seven hours, and it says done. except i close the updater and nothing has happened.
there is no file i got, my current launcher isnt updated. and nothing that i can see has changed, ive tried like four times and have even tried installing a fresh Urt launcher.

except nothing that im doing is solving my problem.

Please help me.

Thank You for you're time.

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

You can't update 4.1(.1) with the updater.
4.2 is a full repack of all files, a "new game", not an update. So if you place the updater in your 4.1 folder and try to update it it wont work.

Some of the reported bugs came from players who had installed Urban Terror 4.2 incorrectly, e.g. installing Urban Terror 4.2 in their 4.1.1 folder. Urban Terror 4.2 is a complete repack and requires a separate folder. Please continue to report bugs with as much detail as possible.

The updater will only update your 4.2.001 installation to newer versions.

Greetz
Iye
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostIye, on 11 August 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

You can't update 4.1(.1) with the updater.

You’re slightly incorrect. You can, but you shouldn’t, as it will break the game in interesting ways.

HOWEVER, that’s not the problem here:

Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.

pow1234, what operating system are you using? Knowing that, more knowledgeable people could then tell you how to allow the updater to write in whatever location you’re running it from. (In most cases, moving the updater to your desktop should work… I think.) It’s probably downloading the files just fine, but can’t move them from the cache directory afterwards — again, more knowledgeable people could tell if there’s a way to get the downloaded files without waiting for 7 hours all over again.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942