Urban Terror Forums: Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#12 User is offline   ogg Icon

• Account: ogg

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Congrats! @MajkiFajki Posted Image/ @MajkiFajki winszuje Posted Image

pozdro
peace

#13 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

I want to see Delirium on the team. :x

#14 User is offline   deska Icon

• Account: deska

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well Majki you are first of poland player who join to FS... we are proud of you :)

Good Luck !

#15 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Finnaly :D
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostFredrik, on 20 August 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

I want to see Delirium on the team. :x

WHERE IS MY LIKE BUTTON?

Okay, now back on topic.
The only reason I ain't raging atm is because I respect Majki enough not to.
I don't have any reason to complaint as he always respected me as much as I respect him and, because I wasn't present in any of the discussions and fights that happened. I only heard 'bout them, but I was never there, so I can't know exactly what happened.

I am congratulating him because joining the FS team is still a great achievement (although right now it looks like something that might just happen to anyone, no?), whether he is worthy of it or not.

I still can't help to laugh at this hilarious and ridiculous situation. How can you judge someone's skill by only 1 map? And I'm not even mentioning that the most was mostly community improved and of course with a , hmm, let's say BIG retouch from Delirium and Null.
If you think about it, every single mapper listen to the community and takes the feedback in account, even if they don't agree and decide not to implement such changes, they always show some sort of interest for the feedback and sadly it even reaches the point where mappers have to beg for it.

Most of the fantastic mappers I know feel outrageous about this because they feel like their work ain't recognized by you folks, no matter how good it is. I wasn't going to say names, but damn this, I am going to. Delirium, fantastic mapper. Manages to create fantastic levels, with a great atmosphere and gameplay, some of them are even the top 3rd party maps played. JohnnyEnglish, lacks a bit on gameplay but also lacks on feedback, how 'bout a little attention and make him FS too? I mean, you'll hardly find a map that looks half as good as his maps do. And he has tons of them; (good choice huhm?). Rylius, made an extremely beautiful map, that combines both horizontal and vertical gameplay in a map that embraces a good gaming experience for everyone involved; not to mention it is fantastic for a couple jumps here and then.

I can't help to talk about the fantastic Jump Mappers who could also be in the FS team improving its quality and help preparing a better jump mode for the future versions of Urban Terror. Moonie, great mapper when it comes to jump maps, they look good, they're probably the most played jump maps in the whole URT Jumping Community. They're fun and amusing for all jumpers, good or bad. Postit, made 2 beautifully amazing jump maps that provide nothing but the best jumping experience you might find. HappyDay, an extremely talented mapper, released 2 of the msot amazing jump maps ever, being one of them specially directed to the begginers, "happyjumpstutorial".

I'll hold myself now and not make an extensive list, I don't actually think anyone will ever read this far.

Atm, I only feel like you think you need something "new" each day or you'll just lose everything you worked for. Therefore you find even the most idiotic things to add.

Now I leave you with this:
- You've a loyal community, you've players who care about the game and about FS, enough to spend their time trying to improve the game they all so love, either by making feedback reports or by designing levels themselves. Then you've the "Jumpers" (not to be confused with actual jumpers in Urban Terror), they are the ones who download the game, play it once or twice and leave. It appear that you're mostly trying to please these, in order to expand the boundaries of Urt. Would you rather maintain your loyal community, the one who cares about the FS team aswell as the game, the ones who play it for years; or would you rather have an attempt in keeping these "newcomers" that only came to try the game?

You don't need to have a new "News Entry" every day, we're pleased to know that you're working on making a better game, and that you don't resort to drastic measures to keep everyone tuned.

Sorry for taking your time with this post, I hope it didn't consume some of your "Who will we recruit next?" lucky wheel game.

Cheers.

#18 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Congratz Majki :)!

but i do have to say i agree with xandaxs, i totally do..
There is others who deserve it more, and if i could i would add all of the people xandaxs pulled up!
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#19 User is offline   Garreth Icon

• Account: garreth
  • Main tag: -21-

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

+1 for Delirium, Moonie and JE, but the question is - do THEY want to be in FrozenSands that much?:) I agree, that it would be honorable title for them, but you know, it comes with the responsibilities, doesn't it? Or maybe FS doesn't want to mix their team with CMM?

This post has been edited by Garreth: 20 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

#20 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostGarreth, on 20 August 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

+1 for Delirium but the question is - do THEY want to be in FrozenSand that much?

I do, I'd happily join the team should the opportunity arise.

Grats Mike on your new position.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942