Urban Terror Forums: Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   RAW-mEAT Icon

• Account: rawmeat
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Gj MajkiFajki.

Mappers gonna map, haters gonna hate. :-)

#22 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Congratulations MajkiFajki !!!

EOS
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#23 User is offline   nebel Icon

• Account: nebel

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

And Majki gonna prove that he deserves it.

#24 User is offline   DagF Icon

• Account: dagf
  • Main tag: |TNC|

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I hope to see that.
And i hope he can take the feedback he gets from the comunity.
So far what i've seen does he not like getting constructive feedback.
None likes to get foults pointed out. I get that, i really do.
But raging over someone posting a list of missing textures screenshoots and saying "It's just an beta/alpha" is just plain childish.

Majki, I'm happy for you. And i hope you will make some nice levels for URT.

#25 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

When I've proposed my help to FrozenSand, I wasn't even thinking about joining that much. Also, I wasn't in any of these well known communities or one of these well known talents, or players. I've even registered to this forum and read it for the first time when joining FS.

Oc, some of you maybe remembers where I'm "coming from". A good server where I'll finally stay to avoid this kind of crappy vibes. I'm bored of what I'm reading everyday since I've joined, on forums, while playing. But despite all that, I still read it...

BK is totally right, nothing dealing with pleasure or rewarding. Personally, I've always been fine without the community, and still will be, since my first step in this game.

Just stop to live these choices as a confrontation or a declaration of war. This is really, really boring.

Blade trusted me, and working here is one of the thing which makes me progress a lot.
So welcome Majki, we got work to do.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostNounou, on 20 August 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

(...) I've always been fine without the community, and still will be (...)

I think that pretty much says it all, thank you for proving me right! :D

Nevertheless of my past fights in this topic, i'm just taking this second to relax a bit and tell you that I love your name NouNou :D
Reminds me of the troll fun we have in the Loul jumping clan :D

#27 User is offline   Garreth Icon

• Account: garreth
  • Main tag: -21-

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yea, community is so terrible, that we thrash you for everything, so bad we are...

However have you noticed all that great bug-reports placed after 4.2 version was released? Don't you see what you did wrong about that release, so that it was thrashed? I'll tell you what - you released that pre-beta of 4.2 to some french guys and what you called QA team, who couldn't notice that hits in the knees or missing armbands (did they even play the game? did they know how important is it?). And now, the 4.2 BETA is hilighted as the official version in download section, and first-time players won't go into "previous versions download". And the autoupdater was supposed to be a great thing, small updates pushed right away to the users - sounds like a fairytale. Well, 4.2.0.0.0.0.1 was released over two weeks ago, and there was still no, even small update, because you still prefer make major build and test it in the small environment. It's your call of course, but are you 100% sure, that these people (how many of you are there? 10-20?), will catch all the new bugs which might be introduced with the new version?

Well, I love you, but the politics should be changed:) And maybe install bugtracker (Mantis is great for example), so that all of the feedback would be in one place, sorted, prioritized and visible for everyone? Maybe two dev channels - stable and bleeding-edge? Maybe push one small update to testers, if they give F1, then push that small update for everyone? Just ideas, just ideas...

#28 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator
  • Account: robdistorted

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

MajkiFajki, welcome to the team mate... have fun :)

#29 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

The choice to expand the team is a good thing. Having more content creators and hopefully a hierarchy with a head mapper to check the work done is vital to allow FS to release new quality maps and improve on older maps. Infact I'm thinking the team could use a couple coders (undead? guy seems to be a genius) and animators to help out the small team that there is now. If there were more people avaiable to work on bugs, animations, maps and content then the work load could be shared.

Now, i am not going to pretend to know the details of the maping community but from a competative and an enthusiastic pubber point of view i believe the team should consider bringing delirium in as all of his work puts quality and gameplay up to a high standard.. He gets the best out of this game.

I also think the team could if anything open their arms to more people or at least take on a set of trusted advisors. People like Divinity. Look at all the quality post he puts out there and has to fight to be acknowledged on here at times. encourage the people who chop and hack at the game and come up with some pretty interesting fixes and ideas. They have the passion to work on the game but not the facility to do it.

Anyway i've chatted enough and it's pretty late so i'll be lucky if my grammar is close to acceptable.. Great work so far FS with a few more fixes you will prove a lot of people wrong. just get those bug fixes out one by one as fast as you can! haha

#30 User is offline   doxpara Icon

• Account: doxpara

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

After recently playing 4.2, heaven knows FS needs all the help they can get when it comes to mapping. Congratulations on your appointment MajkiFajki, and of course - thank you Delirium and Null for your major contribution to that project.

That now makes 7 level designers in the FS team (correct me if i'm wrong, source: 4.2 credits) and only one anti-cheat developer. I hope this anti-cheat restores my faith in FS and in URT.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942