Urban Terror Forums: Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#71 User is offline   Vortex Icon

• Account: vortex
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

AWESOME!

I'm sure that everybody who has played Poland is aware of Majki's map design skills, but that isn't why I'm so happy about this decision. Based on the depth of his posts and a few brief conversations, its clear that he genuinely cares about Urban Terror and its community.

The reason I really respect Majki is because he wasn't always as skilled as he is now. He didn't have the same skillset back when he started designing Poland, but that didn't stop him from winning the FTWgl mapping competition. He sought input and tips from every available outlet in order to create the best final product possible. It's this kind of intrinsic motivation that drives projects forward. Congratulations Majki! I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

This post has been edited by Vortex: 24 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

#72 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostVortex, on 24 August 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Based on the depth of his posts and a few brief conversations, its clear that he genuinely cares about Urban Terror and its community.

That is true.

#73 User is offline   Olius Icon

• Account: olius

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Welcome 2 FS! Have fun!
BOOM
HEADSHOT

#75 User is offline   StX6 Icon

• Account: stx6

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

have a nice trip :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   BountyHunter Icon

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

This post has been edited by BountyHunter: 19 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

#77 User is offline   salees Icon

• Account: salees

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Some observations and some advice.

Poland is a terrible map. Like so many 'modern' urt maps it ignores the fun fact that urt players can climb things. This leaves the map as nothing except a bunch of corners to go around. There is no room for tactics. It's meet the camper around the corner again and again.

You can improve the dynamics very easy. Bring some depth into your maps. Give us drain pipes and roofs so that we might play urt how it was meant to be played (with wild jumps and crazy action like so many movies). Give the players some options for fun other than going down a hallway or around 90 degree corners to meet campers.. again and again.

I have been playing this game since 1.27 100 years ago. I've even made a few maps and some I still see in rotation 10 years later. IMO some of the best fun is from the early maps that gave players all access (such as building roofs and insides of buildings). Bring back the 3rd dimension in maps!

#78 User is offline   spazzattack Icon

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I think your (unasked for) opinion would have more weight if you didn't start off being unpleasant. Please provide links or even names of one or two maps you made 10 years ago.

#79 User is offline   patgaw96 Icon

• Account: patgaw96

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Siema, miło że polak jest w teamie FS. Za nie długo wracam do UrT i wypróbuje nową mapkę.

Pozdro ;)

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942